Pride Profile: Starfire

Pride_Profile_Starfire
:00_dc_pride:Pride Profile: Starfire. Introduced in DC Comics Presents #26 (along with Raven and Cyborg) and created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, Koriand’r has been difficult to label from the beginning, though surely she would reject any label as unnecessary. Starfire has explicitly stated that she does not feel bound by the rules of monogamy and more than once has demonstrated it physically. This is a theme present from her earlier stories in New Teen Titans to more recent Red Hood and the Outlaws. Many of her fans read the logical extension of this believing Starfire to be pansexual as well as polyamorous. Whether shown or hinted, clearly the powerhouse warrior believes in the power of love and acceptance of everyone.

DC Comics Presents #26

New Teen Titans

Red Hood and the Outlaws

24 Likes

Pride Month Club Discussions. Need a deeper look at other Pride characters? Check out these club discussions from across the DCUI.

World of Bats: Batwoman Elegy

Doom Patrol Pride Month

DC History Club: Supergirl: Being Super

DC History and Harley’s Crew: V for Vendetta

DC Book Club: Pride Month

Characters of DC: Midnighter and Apollo

Birds of Prey Club: Batwoman and Montoya

DC History Club: The Pride History of the DCU

World of Bats: Gotham Half a Life

House of Horror: The Low, Low Woods

Harley’s Crew: Harley and Ivy

Justice League Book Club: The Ray

10 Likes

I completely forgot about this aspect of Starfire! I guess its because its not really in adaptations? Either way thanks for the recs!

12 Likes

Absolutely, team credit on this one lots of club leaders pitching in thoughts on how to best describe Starfire

10 Likes

I had no idea about this…thank you for sharing this information :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

It’s nice to see some representation of polyamory. More please.

10 Likes

If you have run across this one yet, here’s another.

9 Likes

Last pic was only pic I could find of her DC Superhero Girls figure back left corner. Go Starfire. My one time #1 character for a good stretch.

11 Likes

Awesome information to have. Great to see representation for all types!

8 Likes

In a rare non-Wednesday pivoting DC89 channels Starfire in a dedicated show of support for her 2nd fave super

Hello the fellow DCUI peeps! I am so grateful and excited that the always fantastic @msgtv has posted this wonderous tribute to the Koriand’r, which in the English language means Starfire! Oh yes- as you know Star has always marched to the very distinctive beat of her own drummer and has never allowed the constraints of the conventional thinking to obstruct her path towards true uninhibited self-expression. Living by the set of her own rules helps Star continue to grow and surpass the limits of even of her own talents and abilities. Yay!

#EveryWedsIChannelStarfire

11 Likes

Hiya @NUEXGUY! Welcome to the wonderful DCUI community! You couldn’t have picked a better time to start posting!

7 Likes

Echoing Mighty @Mae here- welcome to DCUI @NUEXGUY! :smiley:

9 Likes

@Mae & @DC89 thank you both!:raised_hands::pray::fire: Still learning the ropes.

7 Likes

Just the way that girl dances, you know she hears her own drummer. Rock on, Kory, rock on.

9 Likes

As always, @Mae is both more observant and considerate than me (I didn’t notice you were a new guy @NUEXGUY), welcome!

8 Likes

Thank you!

:raised_hands::joy::pray:

7 Likes

Hey @NUEXGUY, welcome to the community! As you can see, we have some Starfire enthusiasts here and our celebration of Pride Month is in full swing. :rainbow:

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :smiley:

giphy

8 Likes

Starfire is my no labels Queen :star2::crown:

7 Likes

What’s inside the bottle, not on the label

7 Likes

Will do! Thank you! :raised_hands::beers::fire:

6 Likes