Pride Profile: Pied Piper

Pride_Profile_Pied_Piper

:00_dc_pride:Pride Profile: Pied Piper. Hartley Rathaway is an original Silver Age Flash villian created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino for The Flash #106 in 1959, also the debut issue for Gorilla Grodd. Mastering his flute like his namesake, Rathaway uses his power to control people, commit crimes and generally act like a Rouge. Reimagined with the New 52, the Pied Piper becomes a much more complex and interesting character. Now a reformed Rouge, Piper assists the Flash while dating his Central City PD boss, David Singh, at the same time.

The Flash #106 (1959)

The Flash New 52 Era!

3 Likes

Need more Pride Profile action, check out these club discussions from across the DCUI.

World of Bats: Batwoman Elegy

Doom Patrol Pride Month

DC History Club: Supergirl: Being Super

DC History and Harley’s Crew: V for Vendetta

DC Book Club: Pride Month

Characters of DC: Midnighter and Apollo

Birds of Prey Club: Batwoman and Montoya

2 Likes

There’s even an entire discussion dedicated to Pied Piper from the Psychology of Supervillians Club

4 Likes

I liked Hartley in Wally’s run too. He was a reformed Rogue there too, and he’d hang out with Wally and Linda as friends as well as help Flash occassionally. The friendship side stood out to me though.

3 Likes

I liked that too, really should have included a reference to that. Piper makes the perfect reformed Rogue

2 Likes