Pride Profile: Creator Marguerite Bennett

:00_dc_pride:Pride Profile: Marguerite Bennett. This GLAAD nominated self-identified queer writer has been a dynamo at DC Comics and beyond. Starting with co-authoring a Batman Annual with Scott Synder, she started writing regularly the next year with Earth 2: World’s End. But, it was her launching the DC Bombshells comic universe that cemented her not only as a fantastic writer but an historically important proponent of Pride representation in comics. She wrote the series with the straight forward idea that “if you write stories that tell folks that queer people can live without shame, they just might grow up believing it.” She followed up with a stint helming Batwoman, and projects outside of DC including A Force, Josie and the Pussycats, and creator owned InSeXts. Stay tuned, because there’s no way Bennett is done yet.

dc b

DC Comics: Bombshells

Bombshells: United

Batwoman (2017)

10 Likes

Pride Month Club Discussions. Need a deeper look at other Pride characters? Check out these club discussions from across the DCUI.

World of Bats: Batwoman Elegy

Doom Patrol Pride Month

DC History Club: Supergirl: Being Super

DC History and Harley’s Crew: V for Vendetta

DC Book Club: Pride Month

Characters of DC: Midnighter and Apollo

Birds of Prey Club: Batwoman and Montoya

DC History Club: The Pride History of the DCU

World of Bats: Gotham Half a Life

House of Horror: The Low, Low Woods

Harley’s Crew: Harley and Ivy

6 Likes

I’ve met her at conventions and she has to be one of the nicest creators you will ever meet. Just a pleasant person all around!

7 Likes

I’ve heard that, and whip smart too

6 Likes

I wonder, when the time comes, would our library receive her new RWBY/Justice League series?

4 Likes

I’ve asked the team about this question :slight_smile: let’s see what they have to say!

4 Likes

Really have enjoyed Marguerite Bennett’s work, especially in the Bombshells universe. I love how she took a concept that was basically “What if DC heroines were in 40s Good Girl pin-up art” and made a full fledged universe that not only worked, but actually was able to say something about not just the time frame of the series, but today as well.

6 Likes

Bombshells another series on my very high virtual to read pile

5 Likes

Thank you! I see it’s listed under DC on Comixology and it seems to be a DC book with how it’s promoted here:

But then again, the first RWBY series (2019-2020) never dropped here.

:woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Anything can happen, but no promises! There’s a lot of different variables that can impact whether or not a series makes it onto DCUI. If it’s ever coming to the platform, we’ll let you know!

4 Likes

Here’s a couple more things :purple_heart:
Superman: Lois Lane #1

3 Likes

Double the Marguerites!

4 Likes

I think this is a reasonable expectation! We’ll know more soon, it’s only a few short months away (and time is a flat circle, so basically tomorrow).

2 Likes

What are our unreasonable expectations?

1 Like