Pride Profile: Bluebird

Pride_Profile_Bluebird

:00_dc_pride:Pride Profile: Harper Row, Bluebird. Harper first appears in Batman vol. 2 #1, but really makes her mark in Batman Eternal when she appears as the new costumed hero Bluebird. But, Harper was a hero well before that. Growing up with an absent mother and abusive alcoholic father, Harper protected her brother Cullen and eventually applied for emancipation and put her electric skills to work for Gotham City. When Cullen had his head shaved in a hate crime assault for being gay, Harper cut her hair to match. As a self-described part of the blue-haired, bi girl contingent, Harper used her electrical expertise as a hero, before stepping back into a more normal life.

Harper_Row_0002

Batman Eternal

9 Likes

Pride Month Club Discussions. Need a deeper look at other Pride characters? Check out these club discussions from across the DCUI.

World of Bats: Batwoman Elegy

Doom Patrol Pride Month

DC History Club: Supergirl: Being Super

DC History and Harley’s Crew: V for Vendetta

DC Book Club: Pride Month

Characters of DC: Midnighter and Apollo

Birds of Prey Club: Batwoman and Montoya

DC History Club: The Pride History of the DCU

World of Bats: Gotham Half a Life

House of Horror: The Low, Low Woods

Harley’s Crew: Harley and Ivy

Justice League Book Club: The Ray

3 Likes

nice girl

2 Likes

I’m happy that Bluebird is appearing again.

3 Likes

How come she’s the only one who gets to grow up and go to college? Meanwhile Tim Drake has been a teenager since 1989.

3 Likes

Cuz she’s a good girl. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

in what?

Backup stories in Joker.

1 Like

The Black Label book?

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s a Black Label book, but it’s an ongoing series by James Tynion IV.

1 Like

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s that one.

1 Like

Yep, she’s been the co-star of the Punchline back-up of the story. It’s been pretty interesting so far.

2 Likes

do you mean Punch-line’s series?