🏳️‍🌈 PRIDE 2024! 🏳️‍🌈

This Saturday is the first day of Pride Month! The month of The Gay! The Month of The Trans! The Month of The Non-Binary!
:notes:Celebrate good times, come’on! :notes:
So, all month long, let’s party and spread the LGBTQIA+ vibes!
(Side-Note: I am Bi and have been for a few years, and I still have to use my hand to get it right.)
(Also, Harley’s Crew is tagged because they are the queerest people I know on this site, which makes perfect sense. :harley_classichqtas:)

13 Likes

I think you got your dates wrong. This Saturday is May 25th - NEXT Saturday is June 1st

9 Likes

The gays and theys like celebrating early even though we are normally late to the party :wink::rainbow_flag:

10 Likes

Yup, Pride is every day!

11 Likes

Junes not that special anymore
Look at all these and I’m pretty sure there’s more. this is just what glaad counts.
February

February 7: National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Week after Valentine’s Day: Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week
February 28: HIV Is Not A Crime Awareness Day

March

March: Bisexual Health Awareness Month
Week varies in March: National LGBT Health Awareness Week
March 10: National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
March 20: National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
March 31: International Transgender Day of Visibility

April

April 6: International Asexuality Day
April 10: National Youth HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Third Friday of April: Day of Silence
April 18: National Transgender HIV Testing Day
April 18: Nonbinary Parents Day
April 26: Lesbian Visibility Day

May

First Sunday In May: International Family Equality Day
May 17: International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia
May 19: National Asian & Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
May 22: Harvey Milk Day
May 24: Pansexual and Panromantic Awareness and Visibility Day

June

June: LGBTQ Pride Month
June 1: LGBTQ Families Day
June 12: Pulse Remembrance 
June 15: Anniversary of U.S. Supreme Court Bostock decision expanding protections to LGBTQ employees
June 26: Anniversary of U.S. Supreme Court legalizing marriage equality
June 27: National HIV Testing Day
June 28: Stonewall Day
June 30: Queer Youth of Faith Day

July

Week of July 14: Nonbinary Awareness Week, culminates in International Nonbinary People’s Day on July 14
July 16: International Drag Day

August

August 14: Gay Uncles Day
August 20: Southern HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

September

September 18: National HIV/AIDS & Aging Awareness Day
Week of September 23: Bisexual+ Awareness Week, culminates in Celebrate Bisexuality Day on September 23
September 27: National Gay Men’s HIV/AIDS Awareness Day

October

October: LGBTQ History Month
October 8: International Lesbian Day
October 11: National Coming Out Day
October 15: National Latinx HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
October 19: National LGBT Center Awareness Day
Third Wednesday in October: International Pronouns Day
Third Thursday in October: Spirit Day
Last week in October: Asexual Awareness Week
October 26: Intersex Awareness Day

November

First Sunday of November: Transgender Parent Day
November 13 – 19: Transgender Awareness Week
November 20: Transgender Day of Remembrance

December

December 1: World AIDS Day
December 8: Pansexual/Panromantic Pride Day
December 14: HIV Cure Research Day

Also that dc flag is outdated the new one looks like this

Its awful.

5 Likes

I know that right now I’m still technically an outsider of the community (going through a questioning phase, its uniquely frustrating, but that’s for a different post), but why does the Pride flag keep updating? I get having separate flags for sub-groups of the community, but that main flag is too busy and confusing

Look at me, acting like an old man going “I prefer the ORIGINAL rainbow pride flag!” :smile:

6 Likes

I think queers are probably the biggest stand out group for progressiveness and inclusion
The flag keeps updating for the times. Where as southerners hold on to their Confederate flags we see how things change and our flag represents that.

That doesn’t mean everyone agrees on the change but you can still use your old flag if you want too or choose the newer versions. I have bigger things to be bent over lol

5 Likes

It looks like they turned one of the pyramids on its side, somehow got a giant Olympic ring to pierce the structure, and put up and umbrella over it

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve never seen this flag, could be a joke or something. The progressive Pride flag is pretty universal at this point, or the original rainbow flag is fine as well, I think.

7 Likes

There’s not really gay democracy that has final say on various flags lol. I’ve not seen that new flag until right now lol

6 Likes

Some people still don’t like the extra letters after LGBT lol

5 Likes

I like adding the plus sign after it, I think that’s a good addition

6 Likes

As an old queer, I’ll share this story. I’ve told @mae already. I remember the early 00s most people (unless they were apart of the family) didn’t associate rainbow flags with the gay community. When we moved to a small town in upstate NY one business had a rainbow flag hanging outside. My GF and I were super curious if they were gay friendly so we stopped in. Well, it was a party supply store ran by a very old and cute elderly couple that had no idea what it meant to us. When I asked about it, I was told the lady Loved rainbows. My GF and I would always make inside gay jokes that went over there head. I like to pretend they were still gay friendly. They were really sweet. I’m not sure if they ever found out that hanging a rainbow flag meant it was a gay friendly establishment. They were always friendly to us :laughing:

9 Likes

I’m not gay ether I do listen to a lot of news though.
but why does the Pride flag keep updating?
I don’t know. some people said maybe the flag making company wants to make more money.

2 Likes

Businesses in general found a way to capitalize on the gay community by all the rainbow stuff to make money. They don’t care about my Rights. Back in the day you could only get a rainbow flag at a pride parade and it was given away for free.

5 Likes

I looked in to it its not a joke some sites are saying its not official yet but nether was the other pride flag when it came out.

3 Likes

I don’t think anything is official unless I guess you subscribe to letting the GLAAD organization make those decisions. The rainbow just started being adopted by the community more and more and just became our thing.

5 Likes

But even then the first flag was around before GLAAD was even a organization.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there some sort of controversy regarding some kind of marketing stunt for a beer company regarding Pride month a few years ago?

4 Likes

There was. The str8s didn’t like that Budweiser had a trans spokesperson and boycotted. Even if that company lost some revenue they still made billions. Ive never had any Budweiser brand beers. I don’t drink but when I do Imma liquor/whiskey girl

7 Likes