Prepare Yourself. November is the Month of Robin!

Well, there actually was more to it than that. In an 8 page story in Wizard Magazine #150, we find out that Steph actually wants to level up as a hero and earn respect from the villains and other heroes. It wasn’t just jealousy at seeing Tim and Darla kissing. But they never reprinted that, so very, very few people know about it.

1 Like

PLEASE let this Series be in Color I can’t wait to read this

That would be a very good thing to have reprinted in some form. Did it at least make its way into a trade of some kind, or is it only in Wizard #150?

misses the comic-sized edition of Wizard

1 Like

I have searched long and hard, and I don’t think it exists in any collected or official digital state. I only learned about it from Damion Scott selling the original pages, then ebayed the magazine.

1 Like

I hope those pages will be included in a future collected edition of Steph’s tenure as Robin.

2 Likes

I love the way you think!

1 Like

Paging Marie Javins and the head of the collections team, there’s a reference for you. I can start ASAP. :wink:

@millernumber1 Thanx! Some of the Wizard pack-ins/what have you get included in trades (Hush, pre-New 52 Teen Titans, Divine Right: The Adventures of Max Faraday, etc.) and then some don’t (Steph’s deal from Wizard #150), for whatever reason. I wish it was more of an across the board, guaranteed to be included, thing for them to add in collections.

1 Like

Yeah, I think it’s largely depending on how much power/popularity a storyline has. Hush had so much popularity that its inclusion as a bonus makes sense, whereas War Games was such a confusing and convoluted crossover, plus the sheer controversy it generates, that collection always seems a bit incomplete (I still don’t know why Batgirl #54 is never included, but they did add Solo #10 as a Steph and Cass Robin story from 2 years later…so bizarre)

1 Like

Very excited about ROBINS!!! I have really liked storylines that bring all of them together. Of course, I am very interested in the role of my main man Grayson, and I really like the sibling interaction between all of the Robins.

1 Like

Awesome! What kind of things do you hope you see Dick Grayson doing in this kind of comic? :slight_smile:

I have liked the storylines where he has helped to bring all of the Robins together. What I don’t like is when he has been written as Bruce’s agent. I want to see him take on the role of leader without any underlying motive from the Bat.

2 Likes

I think this series is setting up just that kind of thing! And I like him being more independent, too, though I also love Grayson a ton.

2 Likes

Did somebody call for… ROBINS?

3 Likes

How about ROBINS?

6 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

Tim Seeley did an AMA today on Reddit, and posted quite a bit of cool stuff about this Robins miniseries - my favorite so far that I’ve read is this:

“I love how each became a Robin. My take is Dick was CHOSEN, Tim DEMANDED, Jason was DRAFTED, Steph GRADUATED, and Damian was BORN. And, that determines how they see the mantle very differently!”

6 Likes

Can’t wait!!!

3 Likes

The second issue of Robins is up, and has some really cool exploration of each Robin’s “Gauntlet”, as well as some very fun interactions with all of the Robins!

2 Likes

I like that Damian officially did not complete his gauntlet and gets kicked in the face due to his hormones acting up in the face of Honeysuckle outfit…and maybe knocked out.

However, when I looked them up to get some information on The Junior Supercriminals and really their not completely new creations I am hoping we get some details on Chick, Kitten, Honeysuckle, Giggles, and Guffaw. as the first three are from the Super Friends comic with being Cheeta’s sidekick, not Catwoman’s well the Joker Goons are originals however one being based on the Pet Hyena I am hoping the writer and artist will devote some time to these guys as they are all almost complete blank slates…wait where they paid in fast food?

God, I hope the identity of the ‘first’ robin is introduced in the next issue. I want her to be one of the bat’s bio daughters eather Athanasia al Ghul or Helena Wayne.

Excellent points! There is so much to explore and unpack from what Seeley is doing here - I hope he continues to dig into those things!

1 Like