Prepare Yourself. November is the Month of Robin!

It is with great pleasure that we announce the winner of the DC’s Round Robins Competition – ROBINS.

With over 1 MILLION votes cast in the Round Robins Competition, ROBINS made it out as the victor. Take an early look at what’s coming up:

Writer: Tim Seeley (Grayson, Suicide Squad: King Shark)
Art: Baldemar Rivas (Unearth)
Variant Cover: Babs Tarr

Synopsis: Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, and Damian Wayne come together in the world’s most specific support group to finally talk about whether being a Robin was a good idea… but they can’t even do that without being ambushed. As an unknown assailant claims to have been the first Robin, the flock of Robins must figure out who she is, and what it means to be a Robin.

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers will get early access to ROBINS #1 on October 26th with a physical release date of November 16th.

Want more? Be sure to check out DC Connect #16 to see some in progress artwork from Baldemar Rivas!

Keep an eye out for exclusive variant covers too! The Robins have been busy and DC wants to make sure that you don’t miss out on their adventures!

25 Likes

I had hoped one of the other series would win but I am very excited to read this one. The art looks great and the premise is really cool.

October can’t come fast enough!

10 Likes

I’m hopeful Damien is treated well. I like his current series but he was really tarnished by Teen Titans. I don’t mind arrogant Damien (in appropriate doses) but in TT he was a sociopath.

12 Likes

Ok, guess I was wrong about your big announcement @Alec.Holland, cool!:grinning:

10 Likes

This is great!

9 Likes

the first robin is a she… hmmm Carrie kelley anyone?

10 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Looks like Robins won. Hope we see the other ones down the line.

7 Likes

It’s not the book I wanted to win… But How Can I Not Get Excited For a Series Focused on all the Robins!!!

7 Likes

So, so excited! Love seeing Steph with her attitude!

10 Likes

Should be fun and it’s neat that those of us that subscribe to DCUI will get a first look!

10 Likes

Yay!! I’m so excited to read this. It will be nice to see all the Robins in one book.

8 Likes

It probably won’t be the focus of the book, but I do hope there’s at least some teasing/mocking between the different Robins about who had the best costume.

11 Likes

Seeley and Rivas are both pretty responsive on twitter, if you want to ask them!

4 Likes

And on the same day that this was announced, this was announced as well:

Everything’s coming up Robins!

8 Likes

I’m a bit confused about this one, since we do still have Robin Year One. But I’m very curious to see what Nguyen will make it look like - and how they’ll handle the timeline/technology issues. I still remember Batman and Robin Eternal, with Dick having a holographic computer interface as Robin, and feeling like that was very odd. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Robins – while I would have been happy with some of the other books winning, I’m still happy for this one. I’m all in for all the Robins bickering with each other as they beat up the bad guys. I am curious to see what this “first Robin” is…

Robin & Batman – Jeff Lemire? Dustin Nguyen? HELL YES. SIGN. ME. UP. Yes, Robin: Year One exists, but I think this is going to be WAY better just from the creative team alone.

3 Likes

Should be an interesting read. I’m definitely curious.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m excited this won as I love seeing these characters interact, but the first Robin thing bugs me. I could always be surprised, but pretty much anything that takes Robin away from being Dick’s legacy is not going to sit well with me.

1 Like

I would be annoyed if it weren’t for the fact I’m like 90% sure that she won’t be a retconned “First Robin” in the sense of Bruce having another young partner before Dick.

2 Likes

DC UNIVERSE INFINITE subscribers will get early access to ROBINS #1 on October 26th with a physical release date of November 16th.

Almost a whole month before the physical release :exploding_head:

4 Likes