Pow Vintage Comics

Has anyone here subscribed to this service? I’m thinking about it, but I’d like to know if it’s any good.

2 Likes

I would like to know more as well.

4 Likes

Here is a link to their web page. I am a little wary of it, so I was hoping someone who has subscribed could give me a heads up on it:

3 Likes

Never heard of it. What is it lol

You pay $15 a month to get 1 comic from the 60s-90s

1 Like

Oh. Nope not interested lol

2 Likes

They’re not getting my business. Thanks everyone for helping me decide.

1 Like

Interesting idea, but I’m not that much of a gambler.

1 Like

Got my first one today i paid $15 for a $2 Justice league america #95, i’ll give it one more month but i think ill be unsubbing

1 Like

You pays your money and you takes your chances.

2 Likes

What about Next Door Comics? Anyone try that?

1 Like

Just saw an ad for boxed heroes. Is that any good?

If you want my advice, don’t sign up for ANY of these subscription services. Retailers like these buy old collections in bulk and end up with a lot of dollar bin fodder that they know they can’t get rid of normally. They create these subscription services to unload the books they can’t sell. You may get lucky and get something cool/valuable every now and then, but you’ll end up spending more on comics you could get much, much cheaper in the long run.

If you’re into buying older comics, here are the three places I’d suggest looking:

1. eBay- This is your best bet. You can find just about any issue you want and, usually, at multiple price points. This is where those retailers unload the GOOD stuff.

2. LCS’- Your local comic shop and their dollar bins or back issue bins will provide much better value for cheap.

3. Comic Conventions/Shows- Few and far between these days, but these big events usually have multiple vendors with good stuff. Some cheaper than others.

I get the appeal of subscription services, but, unless you really enjoy the surprise, they’re not worth it. You’re just taking unwanted back stock off a retailers hands.

1 Like

Thanks. I have got some pretty good deals through the mycomicshop.com value packs. Its 30 comics for 15 or so dolars give or take. So I’ll just stick to that.

1 Like

It’s nice to at least raise this issue, since it does appear that there’s some catch. Thank you all for your help.

1 Like

They have a promo for the 1st one free and I did it. It comes today. I’ll let you all know if it’s worth it.

2 Likes

@TheCosmicMoth: Yes, a local LCS or local show is a much better option for buying older books. I recently went to a small local show here on Long Island and picked up a dozen Marvel Western books (Kid Colt, Rawhide Kid, and Outlaw Kid) for about two bucks each. And I met some nice people while helping out the local economy. A win for everyone.

1 Like

This is what I got.

2 Likes

Ooh very nice picks! Which one is your favorite?

2 Likes

Not sure yet. I have to read them. I saw the Strange Adventures graded 9.6 on ebay for $160

1 Like