7 Likes

my dc covers

7 Likes

This gives off serious Batman ‘66 vibes

9 Likes

8 Likes

wdym. that’s not hawkman!

6 Likes

Hawkman was off the team at the moment partly due to the fight he got in with Stargirl.

6 Likes

This panel always makes me go:

8 Likes

I love this scene from Flash #79!

and then this call back in the much more recent Flash #761!

Now THAT’S What I call, Repaying a Debt!

11 Likes

I have a special fondness for this 70s Batman Super Spectacular Comic cover in which Batman squares off against my favorite classic monster!

I found a scanned image of a Batman Comic Book Spread pinup that I had on my wall in the 70s. I don’t know what Batman comic that featured the pinup. It might have been the comic of which I posted the cover above. In any case, I’m pretty sure the artist is Neal Adams. Has anyone else seen this pinup?

7 Likes

These look really cool!

7 Likes
I’m just gonna put all my favorites under here

7 Likes

Thank you! The story is a classic! And it was adapted for an episode of Batman: The Animated Series by the original author Len Wein :smiley:

7 Likes

Here’s my favorite cover of all time:

Captain Atom #51. This just really drew me in the first time I saw it. The way the world has come apart behind him, not a simple trail of destruction, but almost like it’s disassembling in his wake with those bricks that seem to be floating up into the air. The fact that this is a seemingly-normal guy, no magic clothes, no big medal and glowy eyes like the Phantom Stranger, just a man. And his name is “Pops”, also so normal.

I especially love the text on the bottom right. It’s not big and bombastic. It’s a series of three simple statements, with a couple bits in red for emphasis. All of it conveys this unusualness, even for a superhero comic. I’m not being told that everything will change, or that this is the most important story I’ll ever read. I’m not even really made to think that there’s gonna be some big blowout fight between Captain Atom and the man who might be more powerful than anybody. I just see a normal guy, given an awesome and terrible power, and he doesn’t seem too happy about it. He’s not a supervillain, he’s not a grinning madman, he’s just walking down a broken street. Great stuff.

11 Likes

Very cool! I read a lot of Impulse comics back in the day! :muscle: :theflash:

7 Likes

Sweet! :candy: :star_struck:

8 Likes

:eyes: Looks pretty epic tbh

9 Likes

It’s a one-shot story. Pretty good li’l character piece, nothing too special. Captain Atom’s not actually in it much. It’s available here on DCUI.

8 Likes

Sounds like something that’s going onto my watchlist :open_mouth:

Thanks!

7 Likes

9 Likes

updated

5 Likes