Post Cool Custom Action Figures You've Seen!

I love them!

6 Likes

Thank you! Took about a year and a half, but I got all the characters I wanted to make.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Whoa, that Maxima came out perfect. Nice job!

7 Likes

I can’t believe I didnt see this until now. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :confounded: :disappointed:

6 Likes

Right?

6 Likes

Wow! :eyes: Amazing!

6 Likes

YESSS! :00_lc_green_lantern1: :00_lc_green_lantern1: :00_lc_green_lantern1:

:purple_heart: :00_black_canary: :00_birds_of_prey:

5 Likes

:purple_heart: :00_harlivy: :harleys_crew:
:cobb_squad: :cobb_squad: :cobb_squad:

5 Likes

:star_struck: :00_legion:

6 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

:star_struck:

These two :purple_heart:

xjgtahqasx

3 Likes

I was running one of my regular searches for ‘clark kent’ with ‘action figure’ since it pops up unusual things and it’s pretty easy to skim and these popped up by a seller I’ve not noticed before, who is selling a bunch of highly overpriced DC Direct/DC Collectible figures (because his shipping charges are VERY, VERY HIGH), each with a custom.

I could probably post all such sales from this storefront, but limited myself to the two I liked/found interesting:

This is the OG Superman released for The Dark Knight wave - a really chunky body to go with that armored Batman, but very similar to the various other versions of TDK Supes that have been pushed out, including the fairly recent MTS edition:

I have no idea what body was used for the custom suit and I would doubt it’s actually a fully new sculp, but for some weird reason, it appeals to my sensibility. Not enough to buy it unless it was maybe like $5, versus $100+ for the set, but still.

Here, I was not as thrilled with the custom but again found it an interesting use - it’s the Alex Ross JLA Superman, which I have no particular interest in, with a Clark Kent where the lack of appeal - for me - is the pose, and to a lesser extent, the sheen on the paint job. The suit is also too nondescript. Not baggy enough or bulky enough to fit into say the All Star Superman cheap, oversized suits to hide the figure, or the trim look of the Byrne suited CK or S-TAS suited CK. But having seen the official retailed production/mass market versions of Clark Kent action figures that were sold, it’s an interesting attempt, IMHO.

5 Likes

I’m sure @Vroom can tell you the exact version was used to make the Clark Kent figure. I think it is the Joker from Frank Miller’s Th Dark Knight Returns.

6 Likes

Ah yeah, you are probably exactly correct. As I said, I doubted it was original sculpting. Although definitely a really good paint job. Especially to make the shoes look like middle-class, mainstream dress shoes versus what Joe Kerr is wearing there.

And the person who made it likely paid a bit for the glasses, since I’ve tried to source those myself (as well as a pair of boots for a Ken - as in Barbie’s Not Kenough Enough Ken) without much luck or finding them at action figure pricing just for the glasses. Thanks for the HT!

3 Likes

These are awesome.

4 Likes

You bet your furry Skartaran drawers, I can! For it is-

Gee, steal my thunder won’t ya? :wink:

2 Likes

Glad you’re back @Vroom. Everyone kept asking where you were. Hopefully the secret mission was successful.

3 Likes

Bows before the Skartaran lord of war as he sits on his throne, his assembled court surrounding him.

You are most gracious lord of war and I thank you.

Well, Checkmate, the DEO, the DMA, I.O. and A.R.G.U.S. sent me to-

-check on the…pet store over the hill.

Yes.

Clears his throat in an inconspicuous fashion.

The…pet store over the hill…I was…sent there to…check on…things.

Gently nudges his briefcase under the table with his right heel.

Nothing to see here. Enjoy your cantaloupes and marmalades.

2 Likes