DC Collectible News

new shots of McFarlane’s Suicide Squad and Batman '66 figures

and it looks like the Wonder Woman that looks like i colored it is up for pre-order at Target

7 Likes

Purty. :star_struck:

1 Like

Funko Soda Zan and Jayna?! :eyes: MUST. HAVE.

And also- THIS

8 Likes

4 Likes

heads up, my Walmart got in a bunch of these Hot Wheels sets, so i guess they’re being restocked

6 Likes

Welp, I know what ornament I’m asking Santa for this year. Might just ask him for the McFarlane DC Retro Adam West Batman schtuff, too.

2 Likes

Anyone here getting the World’s Finest boxes? If so, do you feel they are worth the money? Any promo code you have as a subscriber that you could pass along - maybe you get $5 off a future box or something? They look really cool and I’m thinking of subscribing but wanted to check in with y’all first to get your feedback.

8 Likes

I’ve been buying those boxes for years. To be honest, I would never be bold enough to get a year’s subscription, but I do like them.

If I can give you any advice on whether it’s worth buying, I’d say it depends on your mindset. When I got my first couple boxes, I would feel kinda disappointed if I wasn’t totally satisfied with every item in the box. Nowadays, I’ve adopted the mentality that if I like at least 3-4 of the 5-6 items in the box, then it was worth getting. I guess you just gotta prepare for some disappointment :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I don’t buy the subscription boxes, as I’m not keen on paying a company for a box full product I may or may not like before I get it in hand.

The only exception would be if the Legion of Collectors program began anew, and an exclusive figure was in every box, as they used to be. Then I might buy a box like that, but mostly for the figure.

1 Like

batcave!

and uhhhhh

9 Likes

Loving both (and their price points).

2 Likes

I’ll be grabbing the figures for sure.

And possibly the playset and Batmobile.

2 Likes

Batman and Robin are just gonna get a lot of bugs in their teeth. i think the batmobile’s designer was as surprised as i was that the figures turned out to be 6".

2 Likes

Amazon Prime members, it’s Prime Day! i’m looking over their stuff and there’s a little bit of DC. i just ordered Darla, and some of the others out of this 5" basic Shazam series of figures are on sale too

edit i’ll post some other stuff i find in a drop-down

Summary

Amazon exclusive WW84 Wonder Woman Funko Pop

Spin Master Batcycle set

looks like some of the dc primal age (he-man style) figures are on sale

3 Likes

whoa, i think this one deserves its own post

Batman black & white mini statue sets 1, 2, 3 (3 includes Mike Mignola and Jim Lee)

6 Likes
4 Likes

At the time I write this, the LEGO Wonder Woman set that was a virtual SDCC set last year is on sale at Wal-Mart.

5 Likes

Mafex Harley. This was inevitable given how many Hush characters they have done. It looks great and if I ever got a Harley it would be the classic look but Mafex feel so fragile (and make my wallet fragile) that I don’t think I could invest.

6 Likes

Interesting about that Lego WW set being available at Walmart.

They’re also getting Hasbro Pulse exclusive 3.75" Marvel Legends two-packs, and in 2019, they briefly had Mattel’s SDCC Aquaman-themed exclusive from their Multiverse line in store.

Strange things are afoot at “America’s Toy Shop”…

Re: Mafex Harley, she looks very nice. However, I’d sooner nab Harley from DC Direct’s Hush line (as she’s 100% on-model to Lee’s art) and have scratch leftover for other schtuff.

For the price Mafex charges, they really should be making product that is highly durable, and not sufficiently outclassed in durability (and design, quite often) by $20 products available at mass market retailers.

3 Likes

I know this isn’t news as it were, but I gotta’ post it.

$199 :eyes: :flushed: A hundred and ninety-nine dollars?! You gotta’ be freakin’ kidding me. Not even the average Mezco or Mafex opens at this price.

Y’see, this is the point I was making about McFarlane and the need for higher rates of figure production at the manufacturing level. If there was another manufacturer large enough to accommodate demand alongside MaC we’d have had a new Jessica figure by now. There is NO WAY that I would ever ante up this much :heavy_dollar_sign: for a 6" figure. But until another Jess figure is produced, this the only option that collectors have. :unamused:

6 Likes