DC Collectible News

This Batgirl looks incredible!

Frank Cho’s Batgirl comes out Feb. 2020. (2010 by Adam Hughes)

8 Likes

That’s a nice Batgirl statue. I always lament missing out on Frank Cho’s Wonder Woman Designer Series statue.

2 Likes

Pre-orders are tempting, but I’m eager to go out on the hunt when these hit. Between Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Gamestop and Walgreens (at minimum), these should hopefully be easy finds in the wild.

I’m hoping all Walmarts carry the McFarlane and Spin Master products. Their selective nature with Mattel’s Multiverse line (along with their other recent DC offerings) was a bit irksome.

1 Like

It will definitely be interesting to see how much and how long (or if) those stores carry them. Really want to compare these companies to Mattel, to see if Mattel was actually telling us the truth about getting the product to retail. It will say a lot about Mattel, or DC Comics product as a whole…

2 Likes

Distribution can indeed be a fickle thing. Every company, big or small, has had hick-ups in getting their product (no matter what it is) to market for varying reasons.

Of course, when a retail giant like Walmart decides to be hot and cold in carrying your product, that doesn’t help matters.

McFarlane is typically reliable on getting his stuff out on a timely basis and replenishing it as well, so hopefully that holds true for his Multiverse line.

2 Likes

Just saw in-hand eBay listings from a seller in Massachusetts for STAS Superman and Green Lantern.

The back of the box shows an enlarged image of each figure’s trading card. Other figures are highlighted on the lower back side of the box via their card artwork.

2 Likes

Yeah, evidently these are starting to pop up in Walmarts! Woop woop!

2 Likes

Any word on where in Walmart they’re showing up, @biff_pow?

I know Todd’s other dealies are usually adjacent to the electronics area, but given that DC is his highest profile brand ever, I’m hoping these are in the main toy area.

1 Like

nobody’s mentioned it that i’ve seen, so yeah, hopefully that implies they’re nowhere weird!

1 Like

Just checked my order status this morning. Nothing shipped yet. However the Action 1000 Superman and Hellbat already show as sold out.

1 Like

Walmart has interesting ways of stocking assorted items, so it’s my hope that these don’t end up in the Automotive or Home Furniture departments. :wink:

1 Like

@Vroom :joy:

I’m sure you’ll be tracking them down even if they were in the gardening section.

2 Likes

Whilst wearing my Sherlock Holmes hat made of construction paper (that I don’t actually have) no less. :male_detective:

2 Likes

dang it I’m probably gonna have to get a few of these :rofl: Digging the the two 1000 ones and the animated series ones. I also like the the Hellbat suit and unchained armor.

2 Likes

superman sold out before batman???

1 Like

Just saw this on Instagram; Batman in hand, from a different angle, bigger than the Essentials figure (:confounded:)

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing @biff_pow. I hope the lighting/angle/resolution of that image is doing the McFarlane figure less justice than the Essentials. Doesn’t look as sharp as the preview images.

1 Like

Rebirth Bats has a case o’ stink eye going on.

He’s just envious of McFarlane’s Modern Age Batman being done in his correct colors the first go-around. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t collect Superman stuff (Bat collecter) but I love this statue especially the head with the glasses!

1 Like

@fattyboonbatty Which one? The one with the costume change from Sideshow? I think it’s a great looking piece as well, but prefer Supes in his full costume, especially if buying a very expensive statue.