DC Collectible News

the spinmasters license has landed!

sean murphy batmobile! rumor is the mcfarlane stuff will be revealed on thursday, but i’m leak-hunting!

3 Likes

Holy flirking schnit, thanks @biff_pow! Me wantee!

I love the $7.99 price point on the 4" figures. I hope they’ll sell for that at Amazon, Target, Walmart and the like (or less, as EE sometimes sells items for a bit more than retail). Plus, they’re loaded with articulation!

12" Harley is rad (and was missing from the 12" Batman Missions line) as are the other 12" figures, especially Shazam!

Thursday is what I’ve seen for a McFarlane reveal as well. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

i wouldn’t buy this, but it reminds me of old fashioned mechanical toys, and that’s cool

…ok i might have accidentally convinced myself to buy it if it goes on sale

1 Like

That’s a lot of Batman toys. The tactical suit Batman looks pretty cool. I’d pick up a Reborn Supes if they make it in a smaller scale :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That 12" Rapid-Change Utility Belt Batman will probably be a pass for me. The capture claw accessory is cool (generally speaking, I do like a nifty capture claw) but the design of Batman himself is a bit wonky. I’ll still check it out in person and decide then.

It looks like their offerings are split in two, with The Caped Crusader obviously being the Batman collection, and DC Universe being home to everyone else. I’m fine with that, a best of both worlds approach.

The Batman vs Clayface battle pack looks cool, and the Batmobile is only $20? With a removable Batboat? Score!

Upon seeing this Batmobile, I’m reminded on the one from Mattel’s 2003/04 6" Batman line, which also featured a removable vehicle (a Batcycle).

The mini-figures look neat. I’m hoping Spin Master places a code of some kind on the packaging (be it single packs or the sets) so we can know what we’re getting ahead of time.

Anyhow, very cool stuff! Thanks again, @biff_pow! :metal:

1 Like

McFarlane DC reveal!

@Vroom @biff_pow @LEXC0RP

They look absolutely fantastic. Thinking about collecting the entire line. I may need another cabinet!

2 Likes

Great Rao, those look great!

Well, the BTAS Batman and STAS Superman look a bit iffy (won’t judge until I see them in person), but the others look great! I dig the packaging too, it has a very crisp and clean aesthetic.

Great sculpts, ample articulation, neat accessories (Modern Age Superman has a flight stand!), art cards and stands! We’ll definitely be getting our $20 worth and then some.

Todd McFarlane already owns alot of homers, but this looks like his best yet!

1 Like

no thigh swivels :weary:

I read some of the criticisms regarding the look of the animated figures, but I’m not seeing it. My only gripe is the single jointed elbows on Superman, but that is admittedly a very minor gripe. The sculpted chest logos had me at hello. Those 2 armored figures are gonna look great next to my 2 lone Injustice figures. And CW Ollie looks good! This may just be the line to convince me to branch out to a wider selection of characters. Already cancelled a couple of Mafexes I had on pre-order, which will probably pay for the lot of these! Sorry for the brain dump…just excited :grin:

2 Likes

I didn’t notice the lack of thigh swivels until you mentioned it. I display them in pretty much museum poses, so I hardly ever use those.

1 Like

I mean, I kind of like BTAS Bats for the sole reason that he looks like an amalgam of his design from that show and TNBA. The cape and head especially look very much like the NBA design.

DC Collectibles has a new basic BTAS Batman due out this year (with a cloth cape and added articulation), so I wouldn’t be surprised if I pass on McFarlane’s iteration for that version.

Superman…DC Collectibles nailed him in, what, '17 or '18? I don’t have much need or interest in another basic version of him right now.

Of course, I say this now, and then when I see them on the pegs I’ll be like Waylon Smithers upon seeing the new Malibu Stacy (now with a hat!) and say “I want it! I want it!”. :grin:

2 Likes

I think I’m familiar with that Supes…the one with Lois Lane in the 2 pack? They didn’t paint his belt loops! I know…us collectors can be a nit picky bunch. On a more serious note, the only reason I would skip on the animated figures is I just purchased the DCU exclusive JL versions of the Trinity…but…I’ll probably still go for 'em.

2 Likes

good lord the fwoosh forum guys are a bunch of miserable complainers :laughing: somebody sounded like they saw a nightwing but it’s taking forever to wade through all the sneering

i did find this walmart listing for batman where you can sign up for an in-stock alert https://www.walmart.com/ip/McFarlane-Toys-DC-7-Modern-Batman-Deluxe-Figure/820879925

3 Likes

@moro Indeed, the two-pack with Lois. The lack of belt loops was a notable mistake, but the rest of that set was rad. It would have been nice if they’d made more figures from STAS…

Not McFarlane related, but Amazon has a 1/14 street date for the Spin Master Batmobile, and a 1/11 date for the Batman vs Clayface box. These things are close!

here we go! apparently they’ll have a baf/cnc rebirth batmobile, but i guess this is the “bat raptor?”

5 Likes

That Batgirl looks pretty slick. I might have to catch up on her book a bit to see that suit in action.

BWL and Rebirth Nightwing look cool too. The Bat-Raptor looks vaguely familiar, but I can’t place it offhand.

Good lord I don’t have room for all this. I need to think this through before committing to the entire line!

1 Like

edit to tag in @Applejack new babs figure!

6 Likes

I’m as excited now as I was in 2003 when Mattel’s product debuted. Good times!

Edit: Jumping Ambush Bug, that Harley looks nice! JLU John Stewart!

2 Likes

i complained about the lack of thigh swivels, but someone pointed out that mcfarlane has a hip joint that provides that twist movement (i don’t know how well it works). i love how stylized they all look! marvel legends have such a uniformity, their faces are all nearly identical. babs looks capulloish to me, and someone said they saw mcfarlane’s own invasion supes in superman

2 Likes