Possible Castings

Feel free to list your own if you want. I started this by listing who may be (hopefully) some officials and I prefer to assess official castings or rumored over who I think (unless I absolutely think that individual and only that individual is geared for a role [essentially typecasted]).

But, I’m sure Poison Ivy will show up in The Suicide Squad.

2 Likes

Any comics inspired her to be your recommendation?

1 Like

Nope- I enjoy fan casting and generally try to think of an actor or actress who has all the qualities needed to pull off whatever character we’re casting. I’ve seen Kaya act in a few roles, enough to know she has what I think it would take for a great portrayal of Zatanna.

1 Like

If she would look like this, I don’t see it:

? Not sure where that photo is from, but how she’d look would be up to the director, costume department, hair and makeup, special effects, etc.

1 Like

Did I miss something? We’re getting a zatanna movie?

I didn’t watch the video…maybe i should do that.

3 Likes

There’s rumor and a few other websites that say Emilia Clarke will be Zatanna in HBO Max’s Justice League Dark show. Less convincing is Brie Larson as Supergirl and (hopefully) Ben Affleck returns as Batman.

2 Likes

Potentially, but for starters- she’d be one of the members in the live action Justice League Dark being made for HBO Max.

1 Like

I always thought Jessica Brown Findlay would’ve been the perfect new 52 Zatanna. When that first issue of Justice League Dark came out, I thought she looked just like Findlay from her episode of Misfits

3 Likes

Nails the look. What kind of personality does Jessica Findley typically portray?

1 Like

She does various roles. She can do modern stuff like Black Mirror while also handling dramas and period pieces.

I think when it comes to Zatanna you need an all-around actress that can handle the magical stuff but also the humanity Zatanna has.

3 Likes

I find that “evidence” to not like Brie Larson to be extremely weird.

1 Like

Evidence may not have been the right word, but if you would like to discuss the oddities of my word choice, feel free to DM me. This thread is to discuss possible castings.

1 Like

Brie would MOST LIKELY not be able obviously while being under contract with marvel most likely a NO COMPETE in place being said DC would def. want someone viewed more “likable” I like the suggestions we’ve seen for Zatanna! And Ben Returning as Batman,… would be AMAZING if any shred of the rumors are true

2 Likes

Kind of off the cuff here but I wonder, if cast, how Sheri Zombie would have been as Harley Quinn? Not necessarily in the now but when she was younger. Just curious, does anyone else think that could have worked?

3 Likes

@ejdias.95910 Maybe. Judging from her work in the Rob Zombie films I’ve seen her in, I’d have said no. But those roles weren’t asking a lot, she definitely has the look and the right voice, and who knows what someone is capable of.

1 Like

Ester Expósito as Supergirl

3 Likes

I agree, she had the look and her roles had the sadistic tendencies, maybe too much so. Still, I’m curious what the final product could have looked like with her as Harley. Nothing against Margo Robbie and what she’s done, but still curious.

2 Likes

One I really wanted to see was Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne/Batman… which who knows is still a possibility or not? (Aside the BVS cameo)

3 Likes