Portrait of Deadman

Oil and acrylic painting on canvas. Working in horror and scifi art as long as I have I’m suprised I haven’t painted the fellow sooner. I’ve always been fond of Deadman and finally had some extra studio time to sit down and work on something for myself. As with my Joker mugshot painting, I admit im not too good with comic art. But I hope you all enjoy it!

17 Likes

Awesome

2 Likes

That’s incredible!! the first picture really shows your talent in chiaroscuro!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Nice!! Love Deadman! Loving the brush work too. :grinning: Makin’ it rain gold :star:s!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

You’re very welcome!
I’ll gladly take more if you got ‘em! :stuck_out_tongue::+1:

2 Likes

Very nice :+1:

1 Like

Oh I for sure have at least one more DC art piece on the verge of completion soon, so there’s more to come. :blush:

3 Likes

:tada: Thank you in advance then, @Alanstamey2arts!! :grin:

2 Likes

Awesome Job, I have wanted to do canvas painting. It seems calming and you get to be creative. I like your Deadman very much, Etrigan would be a good subject for you I think.
Well done.

2 Likes

@Roger.1031 You should do it! And don’t forget to share it here :wink:… and I agree on Etrigan. Excellent suggestion—points!!

2 Likes

I love canvas! It really is a cathartic art style. There’s definitely something I connect with about painting better than drawing or other mediums. And I do loves me some Etrigan! And since @Razzzcat has seconded the request I’ll start on him in the studio tonight! :smile:

2 Likes

@Alanstamey2arts Your style feels like it would go beautifully w/ any and all JLD characters. WW and Det Chimp or something …actually :thinking: a whole series would be sooo bada55 in this medium. :sweat_smile: sorry my brains going wild. Have fun! Can’t wait to see!

2 Likes

JLD definitely does fit in with my illustration style for sure! And I definitely love the comics a ton. So I might just end up doing the whole league really soon :sunglasses:

1 Like

Looks amazing! I love the hollowed in cheekbones and all the little veining.

1 Like

Thank you! I kind of worried the veining may have been too subtle to notice so I’m glad you liked it. :smile:

1 Like

You are one seriously talented artist!

1 Like