Polls, Polls, Polls!

Hanging in there biffster ol pal. Just finished my yard work, and am watching Batman Begins. Starting a cool new job on Sunday, pretty stoked on that. How you holding up?

9 Likes

My history classes went very in depth growing up. I’ve read over a hundred famous speech’s from Martin Luther to Frederick Douglas, and from Abe Lincoln to George Bush. I’ve taken Honors History with a focus on the Vietnam War. I’ve read the entire history of Texas. No surprise there, given the fact that I’m obsessed with my home state. I’ve also read Here I Stand, the biography of Martin Luther. It’s a great book, even if you don’t agree with him. History can be fascinating.

If you don’t think a source is unbiased enough to accurately report a historical event. I suggest reading from other accounts as well. It’s helps to get a better grasp at history. It helps is you are particularly interested in that topic.

I must say that I am a bit shocked to hear that you didn’t go over America’s greatest wars in History Class. They are truly the defining moments of our countries history. They helped us make our greatest decisions. WWI helped us decide that we weren’t just going to sit back and let evil rule the world. WWII reinforced that decision. It solidified our position to fight for freedom. The Vietnam and Korean wars were part of that freedom. Even though one of them remains our greatest failure.

American history is a great thing if you actually study it. It shows the desire America has always had to help the oppressed. Even though some Americans took a little bit of convincing for that.

The Civil War was one of the most defining wars in world history. It determined that all men were in fact created equal. Even if people still aren’t treated that way today. American history and the men who died for it, show that it is a fact.

10 Likes

I know I’m super behind on the topic. But I just saw that post and became deeply enthralled in the little article I just wrote.

9 Likes

I’m sorry @CynicalPink, but I love cheesecake. You don’t have to eat any, though. I will have your piece too!

6 Likes

I know. I did pose the question to AJ Office Hours tonight, to see if they can change the time length, or get rid of it all together.

6 Likes

glad to hear it! i’m hangin’ in there, too. might try to sneak a nap in before

tonight’s Doom Patrol watchalong

that’s happening tonight at 10pm est

6 Likes

Is this like a day by day thing?

6 Likes

So far it has been

6 Likes

You got me all excited the other day, I thought they were releasing doom patrol season 2 early on the second. I just grasped it’s a watchalong of season 1.

7 Likes

Cool. Wish I could attend. But I’m usually asleep by 7pm.

8 Likes

Darn! Maybe one of these days you’ll have a random bout of energy and be able to join

6 Likes

seems like it! @ProActress2O is having to fit 15 episodes in before the season 2 premiere on

June 25th

7 Likes

Yeah am in bed early as well 8pm if I’m being bad

7 Likes

Nobody loves cheesecake like @TravisMorgan

8 Likes

I wake up at 2:45am. It feels great to get in 8 hours. Even on my off days. It feels great to wake up early and just get stuff done.

6 Likes

Wow! I feel like that’s about the time I actually fall asleep…

6 Likes

i’m sorry to disappoint you! i’ll try to be clearer when i tell people we’re going to

watch “Puppet Patrol,” season 1, episode 3 of Doom Patrol tonight at 10pm est

if i ever mention it in the future

9 Likes

We wouldn’t want misleading advertising now would we?

5 Likes

Yeah I gotta figure out my new schedule. My new shift begins at 2 am, but I’d like to see my wife on occasion. So probably gonna try and do 2, 4 hour sleeps a day.

5 Likes

I really need to finish rewatching Swamp Thing. Now that I think about it. Should do that on my off day on Saturday.
My family is always complaining that I never stay up late and just goof off. I don’t care. I like sleep. They can hang out with me at 3am if they want to.

8 Likes