Polls Polls Polls Polls Polls Polls (Vol. 6!)

But still your punishment is being voted on in polls 5 now

6 Likes

But the fifth polls thing is still 400 posts away…

5 Likes

Now that my heart rate is over 100 I can go to bed :rofl:

7 Likes

I can do no more Elvira. Would this avatar be okay?

10 Likes

Goodnight, @WingsOfAether.

6 Likes

hullo

5 Likes

7 Likes

Great explosion, @WingsOfAether! You should be proud!

Good night, all!

7 Likes

i vote Elvira stays

10 Likes

That was interesting. I need to move around. :rofl:

5 Likes

goodnight!!! :hugs:

6 Likes

I had exactly 900 posts in there. That was still only good enough for 4th or 5th place. Damn, people!

6 Likes

Goodnight. Thanks for giving us a new home.

5 Likes

Have my name in your avatar? I love it!

7 Likes

Good night @WingsOfAether!!!

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
So the employee could leave whenever they wanted, correct. An “employer” holds power of life or death over their employee. They could sell the employee to a different employer without the consent of the “employee”. Serfs in the Middle Ages got more days off and holidays than a modern worker in the US today. And on serfs holidays, there lords were, by law, required to feed them. You get the fact that slavery and extra wives and concubines thrown into the mix, and the try to explain it away or minimize it using pre-reformation theology.

Marriages were ordained by god, certainly in Solomon’s case. This meant god approved of it, else why ordain it? Leviticus is all well and good to put in the “Hey folks, I’m changing the rules on you again.” thing.

However Leviticus does not predate Genesis Chapter 4 verse 16. “Cain went out from the presence of the lord, and dwelt on the east of eden and there Cain knew his wife.” Who exactly is Cain’s wife? Who are her parents? Since there was no one else around to solemnize the marriage but god. A hard logical inference can be made that this female was a child of Adam & Eve, therefore Cain’s sister. That issue isn’t dealt with within Leviticus.

This is the problem with mythohistories, theY inevitably fall into such clashes on specific details. And poof, the house of cards falls under the weight of its own bombastic hubris.

That is a problem with mythologies, of which the Bible is merely one. Virtually all mythologies suffer from this when you have different people writing different bits at different times. A rousing game of telephone over time and space. The conflicts are understandable, given the limited capacity of the human mind.

3 Likes

I am going to sleep folks. See you in the future.

11 Likes

Goodnight.

5 Likes

Btw. This is my vote for your avatar.

7 Likes

Which part? It’s gotta fit either 160x 160 or 320 x 320

5 Likes