Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

Josh Keaton is the perfect Hal Jordan just like he is the perfect Spider-Man.

5 Likes

Its a faulty movie, and better than most want to give it credit for.

However, yeah, Hal needed a better suit. It didn’t need to be completely CGI. Maybe have green energy around the Lantern emblem, but that’s about the only CG element that would have been needed.

The movie also needed a better script. One where Sinestro was the villain, with flashbacks showing him as a GL.

5 Likes

I’d rather another GL got a movie, I’d like Jessica Cruz of course but someone like John who is really popular and has a huge fanbase from JLU, would probably make more money. and no CGI suits.

4 Likes

My ideal choice for villain would be Grundy.

They clearly wanted a space movie with the corp, so I would have used the manhunters.

4 Likes

I actually liked the costume…

5 Likes

For the record I know who he is…I just don’t like talking with strangers irl

6 Likes
Best Obscure Superman?
  • Val-Zod
  • Jon Kent
  • Lex Luthor
  • Other

0 voters

5 Likes

I think he worked well for a rookie hal. I just feel the movies issue was more it’s villain selection. Just a very strange combo of the mind villain (forgot name :sweat_smile:) and parallax one of his most powerful foes out the gate. Especially with how rushed in parallax felt.

In the end I liked movie no matter what (like I do with lost movies :sweat_smile:) but I feel it just fell of a villain being developed to a rush in super entity.

4 Likes

Not really into it, to be honest. They have a Superman Day, and it passes by with nary a mention here or on DC’s social media sites. When Supes gets the treatment I think he deserves, I’ll consider being into Batman day. Salty, I know… can’t help it :joy:

8 Likes

@moro same! Like I get it, embrace your strengths and invest in what’s popular but come ON! :weary: They had the Batman Day stuff up on HBO when it was STAS’s anniversary. :unamused: ah well, I guess we missed the hay day when Supes was all the rage :superman_fan_club:

7 Likes

I thought he was fine. A bit goofier than I tend to see Hal from what I remember. I think the movie should have either focused on the smaller/more personal threat of Hector and used the bigger threat and Sinestro as the looming hook for a sequel OR focused on the more galactic issues with Sinestro training Hal and later turning.

6 Likes

5 Likes

Eh, the suit was fine. Reynolds just seemed stuck in his whole Romantic Comedy role bit. Didn’t feel like Hal. I bet he could probably pull it off now though.

7 Likes

@Jurisdiction I’ve been enjoying the Tangent Superman as of late.

IDK that I’d call Jon obscure. He’s been a very popular character since 2016 and has starred in four in-continuity ongoings (Super Sons, Adventures of the Super Sons, Legion of Super-Heroes and Superman: Son of Kal-El) while guest-starring in Superman (the Rebirth and Bendis volumes) as well as being a fixture in assorted Future State titles.

Now, if you mean favorite alternate Superman, then yeah, I’d vote for Jon. :slight_smile:

@DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder I can understand that. You know who he is though, and that’s the key.

6 Likes

I meant that he’s obscure as Superman. The character itself is popular.

5 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Again though, Jon is the Superman of Earth right now (as Clark is on Warworld, over in Action Comics), so he’s not really obscure in one sense.

I get what you were going for, though. :clark_hv_4:

5 Likes
Which Do You Prefer?

0 voters

6 Likes

I love them both but I prefer the new show

6 Likes

Love 'em both to pieces, but if I were to pick…probably Lois & Clark.

Their chemistry was fantastic, it was the first live-action Superman series where Lois found out Clark was Superman (and it stuck) and…the notable guest-stars! To name just a few…

• Howie Mandell
  • Delta Burke
  • Sherman Hemsley

…plus, the show was peppered with oodles of comic references.

Nothing against S&L, but again, if I were to pick, I’d go with L&C.

SN: L&C arguably has the better opening theme, too. Let’s give it up for composer Jay Gruska!
:clap:t2: :clap:t2:

6 Likes