Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

Personally I don’t mind…but you have every right to say you don’t like it

8 Likes

I always thought it was interesting. The observation I always liked to make was that Batman always called Superman Clark, and Wonder Woman called him Kal-el, because I believed it was because Bruce wanted to see the human side of Supe and Wonder Woman wanted to see the Alien from another world (because, in a way, she was the same).

10 Likes

I dislike it when she calls him Bart

9 Likes

I like your interpretation. I’m just not a fan of highlighting his “alieness.” I know plenty of people like it though.

9 Likes

The only thing is that it throws me off a bit each time, but other than that, I’ve no problem with it, really

8 Likes

While he is both Kal el and Clark, he’s way more Kansas farm boy than visitor from another planet

11 Likes

Exactly!

9 Likes

I like when she calls him Kal-El when they’re fighting, like it’s his warrior name!

7 Likes

Wait when does this happen???

8 Likes

In my head, are you questioning my head?

9 Likes

Constantly

9 Likes

Nope…not at all…my mistake

9 Likes

Whoops- Yeah, I mean, not at all

9 Likes

9 Likes

:grimacing: whoops :grimacing: that was totally not me who finished your puzzle in the middle of the night

7 Likes

I’m not a huge fan, but I came up with a sort of rationalization: Given her whole truth-y thing and the fact that she isn’t quite a “normal” superhero, I can see her being more comfortable with an actual name than “Superman.” But she probably would’ve learned the name “Kal-El” before “Clark” and wouldn’t want to blurt his human name out in a fight.

7 Likes

As long as she doesn’t call me Bruce I’m happy :laughing:

7 Likes

Why would she call Batman Bruce?..

8 Likes

Ummmm…no reason :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

7 Likes

I’M HURTING MY OWN BRAIN SO I’MMA MAKE A POLL
So, the definition of hardly as an adverb is “scarcely (used to qualify a statement by saying that it is true to an insignificant degree).” But “Not hardly” means the exact same as “Hardly” so it’s not a double negative. But what if you tried making it a triple negative? “Not not hardly” the “not hardly” could be turned to just “hardly” so then we’re left with “not hardly” which is the same as “hardly”
DOES THIS MAKE SENSE???

• Yes (Please say why)
  • No (Please say why not)
  • ???

0 voters

Sorry for not being DC related, but I just gave myself a headache and most you guys are real smart

8 Likes