Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

:laughing: :purple_heart:

7 Likes

:laughing:

7 Likes

I agree, but voted yes, they should see it. So they could be informed as to why they were told what they were told about the movie and gain the knowledge. It’s what you would do. Knowing everything about everything. Even the things you don’t like. So you know how to plan for them. It’s the way of The Bat.

8 Likes

Welcome back, @jgj-usmc! It’s been a bit!

8 Likes

I couldn’t stay awake through this movie.

8 Likes

Yay @jgj-usmc! :hugs:

9 Likes

I enjoyed the movie, but 30 mins after watching it, somebody said Cass was in it, and I genuinely had no clue what they were talking about :rofl:

It might be a Cassandra Cain, but it’s not the Cassandra Cain

9 Likes

Or she could not watch it. Nobody watches every movie ever made. I do not tell people to watch “True Story of Puss N Boots” so they can see for themselves if Shatner gave the worst acting performance in history.

9 Likes

:laughing:

10 Likes

A bleeding ear emoji would be appropriate.

8 Likes

Indeed. :smile:

9 Likes

I went with average – she would absolutely try to improve on it, but much like Batman, I wouldn’t want her to be absolutely perfect at everything, you know? Everyone’s got flaws, things that they’re not as good at, and that’s fine.

Hmm…to add some context, how do you feel about characters like Black Canary, Huntress, and Renee Montoya? Because while Harley is undoubtedly the star, the other ladies do get their moments to shine. I would also ask if you would consider a two-hour movie a “small dose.”

Here’s the weird thing about Birds of Prey: in my opinion, it gets the spirits of a lot of these characters so right. Like, even when you see differences, you can see why they went there with said character. Literally the only character where this doesn’t apply is “Cassandra.”

The interesting this is that at one point a few years back, Gail Simone said on Twitter that she knew that the filmmakers wanted to do a more comic-accurate Cass, but they “lost that battle.”

I have a theory about this – nothing concrete, but just a gut instinct. I think someone higher up at Warner Bros saw a young, Asian woman who for whatever reason doesn’t speak much but is an impossibly good martial artist and thought “this hits too many stereotypes, we need to change her.” To be clear, I know she’s a lot more than that, but I can see some random suit not understanding that.

9 Likes

All great characters.

Not in this context.

I appreciate them thinking that and then changing her into a pickpocket mall rat type. Definitely no stereotype there cough Jubilee, Short Round, literally any movie to happen in India cough. From what I’ve heard, I think they had a plot and just picked a random name to go with it.

I’ll probably give it a watch.

7 Likes

While the movie is very HQ focused, I still think it’s worth a watch! Just dooo iiiiit >:D

7 Likes

:smile:

7 Likes

Thank you! I’m always around. Sometimes I just lay back in the shadows and read the comments. To stay informed.

8 Likes

Thank you​:four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

Yeah, but then how would you actually know if Shatner gave the worst acting performance in history?

8 Likes

He did.

7 Likes

Like many have said, the Cass in that movie is very much not the Cass of comics, but it’s a ridiculously fun movie. Wonderfully cast, fun action, bright colors (hardly any boring grey rainy slow boring lame scenes like in other superhero movies) and a killer soundtrack. It’s not perfect but I would a hundred percent recommend.

8 Likes