Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

That’s why I didn’t (and won’t) specify my negatives in this post. :slight_smile:

However! :point_up:t2: :face_with_monocle: A few of my many positives for DC in 2021 are:

• Future State. I’ve highly enjoyed every series I’ve read so far, and look forward to completing the whole shebang as time allows.

• Infinite Frontier. This has been a very solid pseudo-relaunch. While I’ve dropped some titles, it wasn’t because I didn’t like them. Rather, there was an abundance of literary riches to choose from, and certain jewels were even shinier and prettier to my four eyes than others were, so I had to stick with the best of the best of the jewels I was most interested in.

• The Walmart bundles. Sure, they’re just collections of books already out in the direct market, but being that I’m primarily a digital reader, its fun to get current books in print that I otherwise don’t have in that form. That’s especially true when rad variants pop up in the bundles, which is quite often.

• Justice Society: World War II. My favorite animated movie of the year. I loved it from start to finish, Shakespeare.

• Zack Snyder’s Justice League. While I enjoyed the theatrical cut of Justice League for what it was, the Snyder Cut is the epic that we all knew the very first live-action Justice League movie should be. I enjoy it more with each viewing.

• Superman and Lois. The best CW series ATM, and one of the best live-action DC TV series in the last decade. Tyler Hoechlin is my Superman.

• McFarlane Toys’ DC Multiverse line. One of the best values in the action figure industry from a leader of said industry. These figures and their accompanying non-figural products (i.e. vehicles) are generally top-notch in every way. The future for this line is bright, indeed.

• DC Universe Infinite. Day in, day out, this service just gets better and better. I :heart: it to Takron-Galtos, the Source Wall and beyond.

• July and beyond for the Superman line. While I’m a dedicated fan of many DC franchises, none have me as excited, pumped and juiced for their future as Superman does right now. Bring it on, Man of Steel!

I could go on, but in conclusion, DC has been pretty fraggin’ rad in 2021, Clyde. :metal:t2:

10 Likes

How many pictures of Hawkman are on my PC?

• 0-10
  • 11-15
  • 16-20
  • 21-25
  • 26-30
  • 31-35
  • 36-40
  • 41-45
  • 46-50
  • 51-55
  • 56-60
  • 61-65
  • 66-70
  • 71-75

0 voters

Answer coming when poll closes.

7 Likes

Select your favorite Mister Miracle:

• Scott Free
  • Shilo Norman
  • Thaddeus Brown
  • Billy Mays

0 voters

Select your favorite Wonder Girl:

• Donna Troy
  • Cassandra “Cassie” Sandsmark
  • Yara Flor

0 voters

Select your favorite Swamp Thing:

• Alec Holland
  • Dick Durock as TV’s first live-action “muck-encrusted mockery of a man!”
  • Levi Kamei

0 voters

7 Likes

This Tuesday sees the release of more content from the relaunched Milestone imprint, in Icon and Rocket: Season One #1 and Static: Season One #2.

Which of the above books (which are available on DCUI the same day as their print and retail digital releases go on sale, BTW) are you most anticipating?

• Icon and Rocket: Season One #1. Have you seen that wicked rad Darryl Banks variant cover? Its pretty slick.
  • Static: Season One #2. I’m getting a good charge from this series. Keep up the good work, DC!

0 voters

6 Likes

I know Alec and Scott most and barely know the other so they get my pick :sweat_smile:
As for WG I haven’t read any Yara yet so I can’t say much if her but between Cassie and Donna I’ve liked Donna more but I don’t hate Cassie.

6 Likes

I read static liked it and looking forward to the next but I’ve been excited to get into to icon and Rocket of the Milestones Returns Sonora exited for that.

7 Likes

favorite Wonder Girl is…

Princess Diana herself

The character appearing in Silver Age Wonder Woman is Diana. She gets removed (along with Wonder Tot) from the book about the same time a new Wonder Girl starts appearing in Teen Titans. That Wonder Girl doesn’t even get the name Donna Troy until 1969 in a story written by a very young Marv Wolfman.

10 Likes

interesting, so Donna Troy could be a younger Diana who traveled back in time to replace herself

drop it on the origin pile!

6 Likes
Who’s the best Batwing?
  • David Zavimbe
  • Luke Fox

0 voters

5 Likes

I love Luke Fox as Batwing

6 Likes

Favorite WildStorm Universe team/group/organization from the below choices:

• The Authority
  • Stormwatch
  • Gen13
  • DV8
  • International Operations
  • Team 7

0 voters

8 Likes

DC Direct (formerly the toys and collectibles wing of DC from 1999-2020, for those unaware) is seeing renewed life under the auspices of McFarlane Toys.

Are you happy about this?

• Absolutely! DC Direct was great, and while it stunk to see them get shut down, I’m glad that they’re seeing a renewed life, via their association with Todd McFarlane and his toy company.
  • Sure. I didn’t buy many of their wares previously, but since they’re back, this will give me a new chance to get more acquainted with them.
  • I’m not sure, as I’ve never bought any of their product.
  • “DC Direct”…is that a Bizarro Earth CD mail-order thing? I still have America Online CDs I got in the mail.

0 voters

6 Likes

Very excited. Hoping Todd can turn things around from where they were during their last couple of years. Their figure output took a nosedive in quality and quantity, and their statue lines focused almost exclusively on Batman & family.

Hoping for more comic accurate figures and statues, which I think was always their strongest point.

What happens with statues intrigues me the most. Since DC Direct departed, we were left with options that are either super expensive, require an ungodly amount of room, or both. Think Prime 1, Iron Studios, Sideshow, and Tweeterhead. Iron Studios and Tweeterhead have been trying to fill the gap in the smaller scales with amazing pieces, but their prices are very high. Prime 1 and Sideshow… well… you need lots of $$$ and lots of space. DC Direct created many pieces in the 1/10 to 1/6 scale with simple bases, that were easy to display and didn’t require mortgage payments to buy. They occupied the sweet spot for DC statues, in my opinion. Designer Series (my personal favorite), Batman Black & White, Harley Red Black & White, Cover Girls… and long discontinued lines like Superman: The Man of Steel and Wonder Woman: The Art of War. I hope we see some, or all, of these come back, or at least analogs of them.

As far as figures are concerned, it will be interesting to see how that works with Multiverse. Hoping we see more comics based stuff, like the discontinued Designer Series, or even harken back to the days when DC Direct just picked a storyline and based entire waves or figure lines on them. Maybe have them be a step up from Multiverse in terms of paint & sculpt. Not that Multiverse is bad by any means (far from it), but maybe it gives Todd a chance to stretch his legs without worrying about Walmart & Target sales figures.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure it didn’t come in the mail, but I am holding an AOL CD in my hand.

My AOL email address turned 25 this past January.

6 Likes

I’m going to need to buy more toys in order to better answer this question :joy::joy: you know…for science :rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

The answer is…

…44

Congratulations @DC89 You win!

Second is a 3 way tie between @msgtv, @Shayera.Hol, and @wvp.

7 Likes

Hooray!

#OnWedsIChannelStarfire

11 Likes

Was the ACME company the forerunner (:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) to Amazon?

11 Likes

No, they are way above Amazon.

7 Likes

True, you can’t order dynamite or earthquake pills from Amazon.

9 Likes