Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

@xLOVEandDoomPatrolx @DC89

Of course you mean Clive Stubblefield, The Funky Drummer!

8 Likes

I went with slow. Man, you’re brutal with that 1 comic book a day rule.

If I got to speed read I could read a whole 29 series on DCUI all pre-September 1962. Heck, the Silver Age was in its infancy as was the Marvel Age.

I guess I could read all the old EC Comics. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I almost made it 12 hours

8 Likes

The Themyscira sequence was fantastic. The visuals were captivating, the voice talents were great and it didn’t feel as generic as the other references. It also really helped to move the plot forward.

9 Likes

The use of Hans Zimmer’s Wonder Woman theme was a nice touch as well.

I liked the character design for Wonder Woman in that scene. An animated, theatrically released, Wonder Woman movie with that aesthetic would be wonderful to see.

9 Likes

Without a mask the wig just seems odd… I mean people change hair all the time. Hiding the face makes more sense than a wig for identity purposes, if that’s the point (otherwise bleach/dye?). I also think a wig would be annoying for intense martial combat.

I like the wig idea more for our secretive cowled friends.

8 Likes

What I would like is some time check numbers so I could fast forward and see the DC stuff and not have to watch what looks to my jaded eyes as interminable dreck.

8 Likes

So, do you pull the wings off of flies for fun? You make these polls that are so hard. Sadist! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

The more a poll is evenly matched the more joy it brings

Edit: At least to me

8 Likes

You know, I thought the movie would suck (as most Looney Tunes movies do; these characters work better in shorts for a reason) but it was actually pretty good, overall, which I was very surprised by.

The WB self-promotion is pretty heavy (and understandably so), so if that kind of thing gets you, then you might not like it, DC World aside.

I really enjoyed all the WB nods and references though, especially Elmer Fudd as Mini-Me, along with Wile E. Coyote and the Roadrunner in Mad Max: Fury Road.

Try it out, you might like it.

SN: I can get the time stamps later, if you want. :wink:

9 Likes

this is starting to sound like the beginning of a batman villain origin story.

Marge N. O’Ferror was a mild-mannered statistician until one fateful day, a hacker cheated and voted in her poll twice, and she became…

THE PLAID POLLSTER

8 Likes

I don’t care about the self promotion, go for it, it’s just the trailers look decidedly unfunny.

6 Likes

The trailers did make the movie look about as interesting as a :poop:-flavored lollipop (to quote Patches O’Houlihan), but again, decent flick.

6 Likes

With only one issue left to go (of 6 in total), was Crime Syndicate the best mini-series DC published over the Spring and into the Summer?

• It was. I didn’t have high expectations for it, but it turned out to be a solid read. I’m looking forward to #6 with great interest.
  • I wouldn’t say it’s their best mini from that period, but it is a good title all-around.
  • I haven’t read it yet, but from what I’ve seen, it looks pretty rad.
  • I haven’t read it. Villains as the main characters of a series? That would never work.

0 voters

8 Likes

Best one I’ve read, wish it was a bit longer. They’re bringing in so many new characters even in the last issue I wish we had more time with.

7 Likes

I would love to see it be followed up with a Legion of Justice mini, by the same team and structured as Crime Syndicate was (two stories, with each told over three issues, and each issue featuring a back-up that explains a certain character’s background).

7 Likes

This is a path forward that we have agreed upon.

-DC editorial:

7 Likes

You never know when or if Marie Javins or Daniel Cherry III might waltz into this thread…

straightens his tuxedo t-shirt, just in case

Hello, Powers That Be in Publishing. :wave:t2: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh my gosh :scream: how do you know my name???

7 Likes

I’ve enjoyed it a lot, but I’m gonna wait until I read the last issue to make a full judgment on it. The ending of a story can really make or break the whole thing, especially considering that we have to see how Kara (Ultragirl?) is handled

7 Likes