Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

Uncle Miltie was one of a kind.

8 Likes

Is that the Cannon intro that gradually pulls apart, then pulls back past the frame after it comes on-screen?

If so, that’s my favorite intro of theirs.

9 Likes

Which Costume Is Riddlest? #poll

13 Likes

i forgot the one where he’s wearing a REALLY good John Astin mask

11 Likes

UPDATE: i changed my vote. his physicality is more restrained in the suit. i like the energy of his prancing, and the discord when he’s all intense and growly despite wearing a unitard

9 Likes

11 Likes

I gotta go with the suit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

As in which is most questionable? 'Cause that’s how I’m going to vote-

10 Likes

:laughing:

Love John Astin but there was no way Gomez Addams could be as compelling in the role as Frank G. One of Gorshin’s best bits here.

Gorshin’s Kirk Douglas is often highlighted as his best impression but it’s when he does Lancaster that get’s the big laughs for me. :laughing: Also- Gorshin should’ve been given a cameo in Batman Forever for his amazing work as Nygma. He thoroughly lifts the character up off of the comics pages and breathes life into this legendary DC baddie in a way that is singularly unique and truly unforgettable.

10 Likes

The other train should have been named Bertha, and to be pedantic that’s an artillery piece not a canon.

11 Likes

#notcanon

11 Likes

@Foofarow.Femme.Fatale vote based on any criteria you like! what’s important is that your vote is correct like mine

@DC89 that was incredible! i never thought of Burt Lancaster as someone you could do an impression of, but he got him perfectly. and i’ll restate my controversial opinion that the most successful and popular Jokers – Hamill and Ledger – are actually Gorshin’s Riddler. clowning with flashes of scary intensity!

9 Likes

That’s the one.

11 Likes

Mr. @biff_pow- IKR? Sooo good! :laughing: He’s got Lancaster’s trademark non-jaw movement laugh down solid.

Agreed. Gorshin took his interpretation of Nygma to a subtly perceptible dark place of madness and danger while all the time cloaking it in mirth and mania. If a darker-toned B’Man film had been produced in the 1970s with the Batman66 series cast it would’ve been super intriguing to see what Gorshin would’ve done in the role.

9 Likes

oh my gosh i’m going to obsess over this fantasy for the rest of my life

8 Likes

i was gonna do a poll based on the Bloodlines characters from the '90s but i got bored just looking through the google of them

but i did learn that Loose Cannon has surprisingly smooth, supple legs

9 Likes

:white_heart: :boom:
x900

9 Likes

i went with Eli Wallach based on his spaghetti western cred at the time, but if Zack Snyder’s producing this dark Batman, Otto Preminger’s eyebrows could be “dyed red with the blood of his enemies” like Wonder Woman’s costume

8 Likes

Oooo, now that’s a difficult one.

Mmmm, how about we make a deal and spilt the difference a little? Otto Preminger, but with Eli Wallach’s eyebrows?

9 Likes

Hang on- lemme’ post the poll again…

Alrighty- I fixed it. :smiley:

9 Likes