Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition! (Part 1)

Darksied. It be a tough fight but it’s Darksied and he is

8 Likes

Agreed. Also, I look at it this way:

Did Michael Ironside voice Darkseid in the DCAU? Yes.

Did he voice Parallax? No, because nobody has voiced the Hal Jordan Parallax, as he hasn’t been seen in animation yet.

Winnah: Darkseid, due to being a Kirby creation and being voiced by Michael Ironside in the DCAU.

9 Likes
11 Likes

Entertaining, but I stand by the Hal Jordan Parallax not appearing in animation yet. The boss in DCUO isn’t the same as appearing in an animated movie or TV show, due to it being a video game and that being a different level of animation.

That said, the Hal Jordan Parallax definitely deserves to be seen in an animated movie or TV show. The Final Night would make for a kick-ass animated movie.

8 Likes

The adaptation we got is far superior than Emerald Twilight

9 Likes

Still not quite Parallax, but a good scene all the same.

8 Likes

What’s yours is mine, and mine, and mine, and mine, and mine, and mine, and mine, not yours!

9 Likes

gentlemen, please, let’s all just agree that Darkseid is wearing a miniskirt.

12 Likes

Also Parallax Hal was killed by Green Arrow. Not a god arrow just a literal normal arrow.

8 Likes

Let’s see you laugh at THIS

Z5KVBRS

11 Likes

Green Arrow’s just that good!

9 Likes

Parallax Hal is almost certainly more powerful, but for general suckage reasons, I cannot endorse him in any context.

I even actually like '90s books, but Emerald Twilight, Zero Hour, and The Final Night are the absolute dregs of their era, fight me.

9 Likes

Darkseid Is… The winner.

First of all in Final Crisis Morrison played with the idea that the New Gods were concepts. They cast their shadow to make multiple versions of themselves and can also possess weak enough humans. This is how their are so many versions of them in Elseworlds yet have their one main version on either New Genesis and Apokolips. Darkseid’s true form almost killed the earth by falling on it.

Now to make it fair I will not be going by his concept but his less powerful, more popular version.
When Darkseid absorbed the omega effect he developed hard rock like skin. A misconception is that Batman killed Darkseid with the god bullet. The reality is that the god bullet only weakened him. A literal god bullet did not kill the less powerful version of Darkseid but an ordinary arrow killed Parallax Hal. WOW

I think a good power to compare Parallax Hal to is Eclipso. But then I remembered how much she was bullied by Darkseid.

In one of Darkseid’s more recent appearances Darkseid killed Spectre, Phantom Stanger, Ganthet and the rest of the Quintissence. As well as finish his famous catch-phrase.

9 Likes

Counterpoint: his head is shaped like a gumdrop

12 Likes

There are some outlier portrayals of Darkseid that severely exaggerate his power level (mostly by Morrison), but they all raise a very serious question of why he hasn’t won yet. And for that matter, Orion is capable of killing Darkseid and has at least subdued him in personal combat, but he’s not this universe-breaking force of nature.

Parallax, by contrast, rips through armies of Lanterns, who wield what is canonically repeatedly described as the most powerful weapon in the universe, and traveled back to the beginning of time to rewrite the universe. And for another point of comparison, Superman is generally at least able to get into a decent-if-lopsided fight with Darkseid, while Parallax lolowned him.

This is all part of why I don’t like Parallax very much, because his power level was just kind of pointlessly inflated for reasons that weren’t adequately explained until Geoff Johns was trying to undo the whole thing, but unlike Darkseid there aren’t other, more restrained takes to fall back on. Parallax is always a reality-buster.

I have no idea why I care so much, though.

11 Likes

I actually have no idea why people are saying he wiped the floor with everyone. He really just was trying to shield himself from everyone. Then Spectre showed up to stop him because lets be honest that’s kind of his job.

Also, he beats the man of steel a lot more than the other way around.

8 Likes
9 Likes

By no means am I saying he won all of the fights and Superman is nothing to sneeze at. The dude held a mini black hole in his hands along with moving a planet with his bear hands on multiple occasions.

Truth is both Darkseid and Parallax are powerful villains but by no means do I think Parallax could pull off a victory against Darkseid. But hey that’s just my opinion.

8 Likes

(And I hope I’m not coming across as rude or aggressive, I’m mostly only debating this because I’m bored.)

I mean, one of my overall points is that Superman has done it even a few times, and Parallax is solidly as or more powerful than Superman.

But moreover, I’m noting the inconsistency of Darkseid’s power level. Halallax is in a limited enough range of stories that there’s not much wiggle room for how tough he is, while Darkseid is kinda all over the board and I’m not sure it’s fair to pull his most powerful portrayals as conclusive evidence.

7 Likes
  1. I have no idea what the debate is.

2. In the question of Darkseid’s power level, is anything “unfair?” If he is a real god, I would suspect his power level fluctuates along with our belief in said powerbase. In other words: anything goes, yeah?

10 Likes