Poll: Which Upcoming DC Original Series Are You Most Excited For?

Well folks, we’ve rounded the 6 month anniversary of DC Universe! With Titans, Young Justice: Outsider Pt. 1 and Doom Patrol setting the stage, what’s next for DC Universe? What upcoming Original series are you most excited for?

Let your voice be heard by taking our latest poll! You can find it in the News section of our site, or by following this jazzy link:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll-which-upcoming-dc-original-series-are-you-most-excited/

What were your runner ups? What unannounced Original series do you want to spring from our imaginations? Let us know in the comments below!

22 Likes

I can hardly wait for part 2 of Young Justice: Outsiders. It represents the very best version of the DC Universe.

As for other shows, my dream would be a live action Question series starring Vic and Renee. Barring that, any spinoff of Young Justice set in the same universe would be welcome.

5 Likes

Young Justice was my most anticipated DCU original but I already voted for it in a previous poll. For this one, I went for my second most anticipated original which is Harley Quinn.

As for original content not yet thought of (or at least revealed to the public), the thing that comes to mind the most is that WB Television needs to produce a new animated Superman show for DC Universe. A Superman show would bring alot of new members to DCU and also require a comprehensive marketing program that would bring more attention to the service, followed by a comprehensive merchandising program which would further promote the service. As always, Superman is the key.

7 Likes

Lauren Faust’s DCSHG is what I am most eager about at the moment. It’s not the interpretations of the characters that I am used to, but it looks to be a fun positive ride.

Among the choices given, I am most eager for Stargirl. I haven’t read much Stargirl except for her appearance in Bombshells, so it’s going be a lot of new material to exlore for me.

If I could add any series of choice, it would be a CW Arrowverse Batgirl series on Earth-38. It’s not going to happen since we are getting Batwoman on Earth-One. So my backup wish is a DCU Legion of Superheroes series.

2 Likes

@Coville, I can’t wait for the new Superhero Girls this Saturday. As a fan of the original, I was already sold on the new show based on the concept alone.

Supergirl doing some gnarly super headbanging in the trailer forever endured me to it too =)

3 Likes

I pick Stargirl, I really enjoy reading the comic book and can’t wait to see the show. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Swamp Thing is gonna be a jam! If it is anything like the story telling if the New 52 run, then I’m amped. It also has a great team behind it. Really looking forward to seeing the Green avatar.

3 Likes

As a huge House of Mystery fan, I couldn’t be more excited for Swamp Thing. Bonus points if they get Matt Ryan for at least a Constantine cameo, maybe at the end of the series, all Nick Fury style.

4 Likes

Young Justice, without a doubt.

With that said, it feels a bit unfair for me to compare Young Justice to the others, since I have a longer history with it. For several years now, I’ve been championing the idea that YJ is the best comic book show of all time (yes, even better than BTAS) and the third season has only served to solidify every single one of my arguments. This is the show that all shows will be judged against from now on - live action or animated (at least in my mind).

So if I were to wish for another project, my wish would be to clone Greg and Brandon and their team so that they can create YJ spinoffs so that I can have Earth-16 content every week of the year.

Barring that possibility, I’d love a Blue & Gold buddy superhero series.

3 Likes

Of the shows announced, most curious about Stargirl…don’t know anything about her…and it helps that Johns is involved. Wishlist? Give us Superman, live action or animated. Not a prequel set 200 years before (Krypton)…not about his teen years before he becomes Superman (Smallvile)…not focused on his relationship with Lois 90% of the time (Lois & Clark). Don’t get me wrong; those were all great shows. I would just like to see a Superman show without a “twist”, with modern visuals, great action and a true to the comics adaptation. Make it an event to behold, as @Vroom suggested.

4 Likes

@moro I definitely recommend reading Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E. on the app, you shouldn’t be sorry and it sure has me hyped for the series.

Shame she isn’t getting more votes for her series, but all of them look excellent.

2 Likes

hands his series bible for the “Superman: Champion of Justice” TV series to DCU so they can hand it off to WB Animation and get things moving

That’s two votes for a new Superman series =)

3 Likes

Easily Swamp Thing.

It’s something different from other superhero TV series (is Swamp Thing even a superhero!?) and it has the potential of Doom Patrol also.

2 Likes

Swamp Thing

2 Likes

I would argue Swamp Thing is a super hero. He has an alias, had a life before his current place in life and has super powers.

4 Likes

Young Justice!

3 Likes

Swamp Thing, and christowhit.7544’s Booster/Beetle idea sounds good

2 Likes

I choose swamp thing because I really wanted to see what they can do to the character much like Doom Patrol

4 Likes

I went with Swamp Thing but I’m equally excited for YJO 2. After seeing Doom Patrol I’m curious to see how cool ST looks.

7 Likes

That was a hard decision. I went with YJ, but that’s because I really want to see where things go with Terra. However, I am really amped about Star Girl and the JSA, and I have always loved Swamp Thing. But then I feel bad for leaving out Harley, because her series is bound to be a good time.

2 Likes