Poll: Which Superman Cape Length Is Your Favorite?

Out Of The Options Below, Which Two Lengths Of Superman’s Cape Do You Prefer?

1 Like

Supe’s cape has almost always been presented at a 3/4 length in the comics, feature films and TV and is perfect for the movement centric vibe of the character. The full length cape look has been more of a B’Man staple and serves his imagery in a much more effective manner in that Bats is a brooding specter who spends a large portion of his time standing still/observing/surveying/strategizing before he makes his move and the longer length cape offers him a chance to look super cool while doing that. Plus Bats’ cape has those weighted tips sewn into it that allow him to weaponize the garment against his attackers in close quarters combat, so the longer length def helps him in that respect as well. Supe’s has got the ultimate Kryptonian power workin’ for him and doesn’t need to rely on elements of his costuming to overcome his opponents, so cape length for him in this regard isn’t really a relevant factor.

4 Likes

Oh Wow @DC89. I’ve been reading comics all my life, and I’ve actually never really thought of that aspect of it. Superman and Batman have always been my all-time favorites, and I always just thought it was the individual artist’s representation. But your comment makes a lot of sense.
I’m still always going to like the longer-cape length for both, but absolutely love your comments. Really made me think.
That’s why I love this community so very much.
Also why I love Polls; because I love hearing everyone’s various opinions and looking at things differently.
:+1:t4: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words sir! :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

I don’t see how anyone could like short cape Superman. I’m sorry. For me it HAD to be Tyler Hecholin cuz Cavil’s seems to drag on the floor.

1 Like

I think the cape has to be long enough to reach his boots/mid-calf, but short enough that he can bend his knees a bit without tripping. :slight_smile:

1 Like