[POLL] What is THE Worst Comic DC Ever Published?

No Sonic Disrupters? The mini series so bad it was cancelled halfway through?

1 Like

Batman hush

Overrated!!:-1:t3:

3 Likes

You’re tearing me apart, Selina!

2 Likes

I completely agree. Sometimes I disgust myself.

1 Like

So, I know I’m in the minority here, but I liked Heroes in Crisis. I know it didn’t do what it was advertised as being and I know it makes Wally look really bad. But, it is a good look into mental health in the world of Heroes.

I want more of Sanctuary. I want more of what it was supposed to be. And for the record, they kinda absolved Wally of wrong-doing in Joshua Williamson’s run on Flash and blamed it all on Eobard Thawne.

I’m not saying HiC was perfect, but I think it is better than most people give it credit for.

As for the worst comic ever? I haven’t read many on this list so I don’t know what I can add.

6 Likes

I liked all of those books, actually…

7 Likes

That can be true, and it could still totally reek.

I viewed it as really being about PTSD. They should have used my solution, break large criminals’ legs and arms. It really helped me.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s the worst comic I’ve ever read, but it is the worst Frank Miller Batman comic I’ve ever read, for sure.

I agree it’s overrated, and the whole thing ends up feeling like a shaggy dog story in the end. That being said, it has some decent artwork and a few good cliffhangers going for it, so I’d still rate it above Dark Knight 2 (which is downright ugly).

And in regards to artwork, I should note that the stories on the poll are generally pretty strong on this point. Some of them are even gorgeous.

5 Likes

Tom Taylor’s Nightwing. It’s not even Nightwing, it’s not the same character idek who that is but that’s NOT the Dick Grayson I’ve read everything of from the 80s to now. Unrecognizable.

See, that’s the problem when you got a popular character that gets written by a bunch of different writers. Inconsistencies in character, attitudes, motivations, etc. It’s the reason why I hated Christopher priest’s run on deathstroke.

1 Like

I think it’s the best Dick Grayson book since Grayson, I might have to go all the way back to the Chuck Dixon era.

7 Likes

How is it an opinion when Taylor’s version literally contradicts EVERYTHING we’ve known about the character for DECADES!!!
Hell, at least Seeley - while constantly made jokes I’m not a fan of about the character - at the very least took him seriously and not a bumbling, incompetent bafoon who constantly needs to be saved by the Batfam I mean… best? Really? SINCE DIXON? You certifiable! Untouchable is literally right there…
If you like his take then youve either never read a Nightwing book in character or just a Batfam stan cuz that’s all it it, let nerf Nightwing to make the Batfam look good :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

See that’s the thing, I’m not gonna talk about Tom Taylor as a writer but, at the VERY LEAST all he had to do was take the character seriously and not make him a bafoon who needs to be saved at every turn like… that’s it. It’s not that hard! HE HAD ONE JOB! I just can’t. It doesn’t make sense.

When you say it’s the worst Nightwing comic (and worst overall), are you including the Ric Grayson run?

2 Likes

What is a “Batfam stan”?

I’m 51, I’ve read Dick Grayson comics for 46 years. I think I can make my own judgements.

Thank you and once again here’s James Dalton.

7 Likes

YIKES!

Dropped that real quick, so I don’t even know how bad it was.

The Bruce Jones era is the only other time I’ve dropped the book.

3 Likes

Yeah I mean, this is a continuation from that so why not? I honestly don’t know which is worse Dock getting written out of his own book or rather downgraded to a supporting character or this. I’m starting to think we would’ve been better off of Didio had just killed him like he wanted to. But instead since fans wouldn’t let him kill him off he just dismantled his character to the point where he can’t even be an effective, competent, independent hero anymore (not that he’s ever truly been given the independence DC touts about cuz we haven’t had a single arc without the Batfam in some capacity in over 12 years but I digress).

A Batfam stan is someone who only reads or cares for Nightwing when it’s Batfam related which isn’t in short supply since there hasn’t been an arc without them in some capacity in over 12 years, he’ll even Dixon relied too heavily on them and he was in a totally other city. But at least he took the character seriously so… won’t complain about that.
If you’ve been reading Nightwing for over 46 years then how do you not have a problem with Dick being portrayed as a bafoon who can’t even do the “superhero gig” effectively? The most experienced out of everyone in the Batfam and quite a few JL members save for Batman himself but can’t even apprehend an intruder he knows is there, stop children from stealing his wallet, and those are only from the first 2 issues, I can continue if you like. It just doesn’t make logical sense. He doesn’t need to be the best but at the very least he needs to be effective and good at the thing he’s been doing since he was like 9.

I just don’t see how anything Nightwing-related can be worse than Ric. I haven’t gotten the sense that Dick under Taylor has become incompetent, but rather that he’s trying to be more open after regaining his memory, hence the appearances of Babs and Tim. And I really don’t see how this could be the worst thing DC’s ever done in well over 80 years of putting out comics when we’re only 4 issues into the run

3 Likes

There may very well be worse thing but I just haven’t read them. This is the absolute worst I’ve ever wasted time on. As for Ric yeah that was bad… can’t say anything else about it. They’re both terrible for different reasons. But at the end of the day I saw the preview of Batman 50 and immediately dropped Nightwing cuz I wasn’t having it. So I didn’t read it. The only content since the 80s I didn’t give a shot. Tom Taylor on the other hand has had 4 issues to showcase the character in a light that didn’t mock him or make him look helpless but that’s exactly what he’s done at every turn.