POLL: SuperWonder or WonderTrev?

I personally feel that Wonder Woman getting paired off with Batman does nothing for her character and only props up his. There are many royals and rich people that can fight in the DC Universe. I just don’t see the appeal of that one, but to each their own. I guess I just soured on them since in the DCAU it was like this weird thing Bruce Timm had about every woman in DC wanting Batman for some reason. Wonder Woman barely even had any dialogue or story lines in JL/JLU. It just always seems like Wonder Woman’s character suffers in any situation where those two are paired up.

Superman ≥ Steve > Anyone else > No one > Batman :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m really surprised when people find Superman and Wonder Woman difficult to relate to, but can easily relate to Batman. I just… Don’t get it?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s part of why I always hated the whole “Lois is Superman’s connection to humanity” thing, especially when it makes it so that losing her makes him go insane and stuff. I mean, if you were in a relationship and they told you that if you two were to stop being together, they would lose so much of themselve that they might hurt themselves, that would be a textbook definition of a toxic relationship.

She’s definitely from a different kind of upbringing, but I think that’s still a thing, between her being a princess and whatever origin she has. I think it’s especially felt in the New 52 where she is revered among her peers for being of “clay,” of everyone believing that she was not born from the touch of man, but of the divine. And that distinction, that reverence, made her feel isolated at times, even though she knew they meant it out of love.

That’s a fair point.

2 Likes

To be clear, it’s not my preferred pairing either, just that there’s something interesting to it.

I’m not entirely sure I agree. I agree that there was some preference in what character had the most priority in JL – John Stewart – there were definitely many episodes/stories with her story as a priority, probably twice as many as Batman.

1 Like

Batman also had an entire solo show though. In the episodes where Diana is the main focus, she really hardly speaks. I was just rewatching episodes that were “Diana focused” and it was awkward.

But I feel the same way about your point with how Superman and Lois can be depicted at times.

Wonder Woman being a princess, I’ve yet to read a story where she’s on a placed on a pedestal by the Amazons. More likely than not, she has haters because of it. In the New 52 her origin was also more of a way to add pathos to her character where Aleka and others would call her clay as an insult. I just don’t see any of that as things humans wouldn’t do. If it makes sense? King and Queens, celebrities, heroes and all of how they’re treated are/were part of humanity. I don’t know if I’m articulating my thoughts on that well, but I digress. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Struggle of fighting alongside people who are above your weight class. It’s basically David Vs Goliath. If David was a mega-rich orphan and Goliath was Darkseid.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I’m just imagining a billionaire on our Earth having to fight Darkseid.

1 Like

Wonder Woman can see past society’s need for everyone to be in a relationship. If she wants to spend time with anyone, she should be able to, Steve Trevor, Superman, or whomever.

1 Like

I hate Superman
Only and Only Wonderbat
#wonderbat
True Love =Wonderbat

1 Like

I think I might be the only person who wanted Superman to be with Wonder Woman before the New 52

Welcome to the community @Batlantis

Hey @Batlantis (love the name), welcome to the community! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Wonder Woman. :0_wonder_woman:

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

1 Like