Poll: Should Jason Todd Live or Die? Your Chance to Rewrite History!

In 1988, publications of Batman: A Death in the Family completed its gut-wrenching build-up to Joker’s attack on Jason Todd with a choice for its fans: Dial one (900) number, and Jason Todd’s Robin survives. Dial a different (900) number, and he dies. In that 36-hour window, fans dialed to vote furiously towards a nail-biting conclusion: JASON TODD DIES.

Now is your chance to relive that monumental moment in comic book history! Submit your vote today in our recreation of the classic poll:

Robin will die because The Joker wants revenge. But you can prevent it with a click.

Find the poll on the News section of DC Universe, or use the link below:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll-should-jason-todd-live-or-die/

75 Likes

Very interesting. I liked that Jason Todd’s death eventually lead to him returning and becoming Red Hood but I am curious what surviving would lead him to in the aftermath or as he grows up.

I picked Surviving but from the poll results so far, I’m guessing we’ll be getting the same old story but updated in modern way somehow

4 Likes

I voted for him to die in the poll. He is a better Redhood than robin

9 Likes

Die

3 Likes

Hell no he should live .the frist poll was bullshit .hes the best robin hands down

3 Likes

I agree with you Jiguno. The original poll was a steaming pile of BS. I vote that he lives this time around because back then I would have loved to have seen how the story would have progressed had he survived.

You must have liked it in the end since you appear to be a Red Hood fan based on your profile pic. There wouldn’t be Jason Todd Red Hood if he hadn’t died.

…well maybe just not exactly how it happen because I believe Jason was destined to go solo like Dick in a few years if he hadn’t died and that’s why I want to see an alternate story now

Everyone knows the character dies off and becomes red hood that’s the best story they need to make a show or movie about that

1 Like

His death is very important to the Batfamily mythos. I’d have to vote for that outcome knowing what I know now. It really had lasting repercussions and led to some good stories. If I didn’t know where Jason’s story was headed, I’d vote for him to survive. He still comes back even after dying, so I’m going to go with that option.

2 Likes

If Jason didn’t die, then no under the Redhood!

2 Likes

Death. Added way too many interesting story lines. Plus what they do is dangerous. It’s proper that superheroes periodically give their lives. I know a lot of the original vote was based on hate but so what. Still let to comic gold. I honestly think if he’d lived it would have lead to Nightwing 2.0.

1 Like

life… a chance to explore new plot lines and alternate versions of events!

1 Like

@TX85: I’ve been a fan of the character since he was created and was ROBIN so his being the RED HOOD has little to do with my liking the character. To be completely honest with you the original poll resulted in my dropping my entire DC pull back then and taking a decades long hiatus from American comics. Jason had already been resurrected and had become the Red Hood long before I started reading comics regularly again. To honest with you I really didn’t care all that much for the “psycho killer with daddy issues” version of the character that was prevalent at the time I started reading again because I felt that it was dis-service to his character particularly after having read UTRH and RH:Lost Days. He’d become a one-note villain that randomly popped up whenever a writer wanted to bring up old wounds and it was always the same story that they told with him as well. It got old fast.

1 Like

I think we should keep Jason’s death, the red hood is one of my favorite characters and in order for him to exist Jason must die

1 Like

I hadn’t been born yet when the poll took place, but if I had been around then, I probably would have voted to save him. However, I voted to let the Joker succeed. I love Jason Todd, as he is one of my two most favorite BatFam characters, right beside Dick Grayson. Without his death, it is unlikely he ever would’ve become the anti-hero I’ve become such a big fan of. On the other hand, it’d be interesting to explore just how Jason would have turned out, had he not died. Ah well. C’est la vie.

1 Like

I called in to kill him yrs ago… after watching Titans today I remember why… ;^) lol
It should stand…

4 Likes

I think he should live and move on to becoming Red Hood like how Nightwing did. The whole death and coming back to life thing can get kind of confusing and hard to explain. Or possibly he actually becomes a full on villain because of his hatred towards Batman kind of like in the game.

1 Like

Daimen should have stayed dead as well.

1 Like

I remember voting to have him offed when it first happened because his version of Robin was super annoying. Now, I voted to let him live; especially since no one stays dead anyway. Bruce already lost enough people he loves.

1 Like

Tuff call… i cant call it