Poll: Rank (Almost) Every Batsuit Ever

There are some things I know and somethings I don’t. I stay far way from non-applied mathematics and geology and direct stocks and bonds discussions. Way not my areas. Fashion is an area I know a lot about, going back through various 20th century decades and different eras, all the way back to Rome. My Egyptian and Ottoman empires are a bit weak and I know little of Asian historical fashion. However, most western civilization that really used strong design, I have a more than passable grasp of.

Back to Comics:
For example, look at Power Girl in her original 1976 costume. There is little doubt when looking at that costume, it took styling cues from that particular era. The large “peep hole” in the top, certainly a mix of the low v-neck dresses of disco combined with the ripped openings of punk fashion. The cape having no scallops, but asymmetry in the way the cape is attached and the cuff on the boots. All elements of mid 70’s fashion.

That is just one. Given time, I’m sure I could probably write a doctoral thesis on the topic.

Back to the Batsuit. (as I don’t want to derail the thread, but give my posts context.)
I think the best is Gotham By Gaslight, because it is so period correct in it’s design, in how it has been put together (its structure) and the materials used.

It is the most spot on, era appropriate Batsuit ever. Hands down my favorite by a mile.

2 Likes

Batman begins has the best movie suit

Telltale Batman has the best video game suit
The new Batman adventures has the best tv/animated suitimage

5 Likes

My favorite Bat suit (that’s not on here) has to be Arkham knight beyond suit and Batman one million. I just like the armored bat.image image

5 Likes

Why does he remind me of Ah-nold?

2 Likes

Some of my all time faves didn’t make the list so, in no particular order.

(I like Earth-2 if you hadn’t guessed)

5 Likes

I never noticed that now that’s all I see. Very nICE

1 Like

@NYJt3 I hope I didn’t ruin it for you. :grinning:

1 Like

No. :grinning:

1 Like

I do like the Batman Damned suit. Maybe because it looks almost realistic and the artwork too. Makes you feel like it’s something plausible. :thinking:

Forgot a few!

1 Like

Blue & Grey to save the day.

2 Likes

Oh, and the New 52 suit was a worthy omission. I’m glad it’s getting the lack of recognition it deserves.

I debated this…it was too close to the “modern Batsuit” (seen from 2000 and most notable in HUSH). I had to be picking at what qualified as it’s own suit, especially since most artists have their own take. To be honest I almost didn’t include the Rebirth suit, but the bat outline on it was different enough that I had to.

2 Likes

Jim Lee’s Batman from Hush is probably my all time favorite. I love the dark blue with just a black bat instead of the yellow emblem.

3 Likes

@TravisMorgan: Yes, the “new look” Bat-Suit is the best. When rendered by Adams and Giordano it was perfection.

1 Like

@baseballmaniac01.45870 True. Followed closely by Jim Aparo.

Voted for The Batman of Zur-En-Arrh! I love that costume.

1 Like