Poll: Pick Your Saturday Morning Joker

The Joker has been portrayed by a small, honored group of immensely talented performers. When selecting which of these defined your version of The Joker through the lens of animation, which rises above the rest?

Let us know in today’s poll by following this link, or by finding it in the News section of DC Universe:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/poll-pick-your-saturday-morning-joker/

Which one did you choose? Let us know who, and more importantly, WHY you chose that Clown Prince of Crime in the comments below!

3 Likes

BTAS haha
You can’t go wrong there! For so many, this Joker is the defining Joker. I have to credit Mark Hamill’s performance, which of course carried over to Return of the Joker, which is a classic in its own right. I will say though, I don’t think you could go wrong with any of the options given. Each take on the Joker is practically generation defining.

4 Likes

@Star0fLyra, haha! Watching the votes start rolling in, I can’t say I’m shocked that Hamill’s depiction is landsliding. Like you said, for many it’s considered the defining Joker!

2 Likes

You guys forgot the animated Joker from the 60s-70s, oh well either way I mostly enjoy Mark Hamill’s Joker the best from Batman: TAS. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hamill’s Joker for me. He’s got everyone beat in the vote and the amount of times he’s played the character across TV, movies and video games.

Poison Ivy: “Change it back!”

Mistah J: in goofy voice “No, nope! Don’t wanna!”

5 Likes

I’m one the few who voted for The Batman’s joker :(. I think few people have watched the show or else they might pick him

4 Likes

I remember when The Batman debuted (September 2004) and how some people hated that iteration of Joker. “Where’s his footwear? Why is his hair like that?”, etc.

Kevin Michael Richardson played the character fine. Plus his Joker could actually fight Batman, which I thought was neat, new and different!

3 Likes

I picked joker from the The Batman was going to pick the one from brave and the bold but I seen more of The Batman joker I also really like his design in the show and his voice yes I know it isn’t Mark Hamill but I still liked it

2 Likes

That’s true @Reaganfan78! Curses…We’ll have to try again one day!

2 Likes

I voted for the Joker from The Batman. I really like that version.

4 Likes

The Joker from TNBA , Bruce Timm’s redesign is my favorite.

2 Likes

@Reaganfan, I love that Joker! He sounds like has golf balls in his mouth, but he’s still alot of fun. I’m biased towards The Adventures of Batman though, such a fun show.

3 Likes

I like The Batman’s Joker, but Mark Hamill is iconic in TaS.

1 Like

I chose BTAS joker for obvious reasons but the Batman Beyond joker was very iconic as well. Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is one of the best, if not the best, episodes/movies of the DCAU.

2 Likes

I chose Batman Beyond ROTJ because that movie blew me away when I first saw it, and I think it still completely holds up. Sure, it’s kind of the same as the BTAS joker, but it totally exhibited a more sinister version of the character. Plus I Stan Terry McGinnis Batman all day long.

4 Likes

Mark Hamill’s Joker is so iconic, when I read the Joker in comics that’s the voice in my head. The Batman ‘s Joker, Kevin Michael Richardson is great as well, but who can vote against Hamill?

2 Likes

All these are great, but I’m not sure how anyone can NOT vote for Mark Hamill. His stamp on the joker is permanent and iconic. That laugh…my goodness that laugh. It will be generations before we get a more iconic voice for the Joker. And I’m ok with that.

1 Like

As much as I love The Batman had to vote Hamill, so I went Return of the Joker because that movie is probably my favorite dc property ever.

2 Likes

Luke Skywalker For 2 Alex!

1 Like

A little strange that two of the four options are Mark Hamill, but on the other hand it’s not like anybody’s going to vote for anybody else (though like others are saying, Kevin Michael Richardson is also great, just not Hamill great). I went with B:TAS just because.

1 Like