POLL: Invisibility Cloak OR Flying Cape?

Which would you prefer: an invisibility cloak (à la Harry Potter) OR a cape that allows you to fly (like Superman)? Feel free to weigh the options in the comments.

• Invisibility Cloak
  • Flying Cape

0 voters

10 Likes

I pick flying Cape.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I to am a cape guy. No more TSA, no more standing in line, and no more taking my shoes off. :grinning:

5 Likes

OK, I can think of far more practical uses for being able to fly, but turning invisible is just so much cooler.

4 Likes

Fly!

3 Likes

I love that everyone had such strong immediate responses - thank you! I’ve been “braining” on it and there seems to be many potential benefits, risks, and circumstances that change the answer for me.

Potential Perks for both:

:ballot_box_with_check: Increased Safety

:ballot_box_with_check: Increased Privacy

:ballot_box_with_check: Increased Freedom

Affecting Factors:

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Weather

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Location

:eight_spoked_asterisk: Time of Day

All that said, I’m still undecided. :laughing:

4 Likes

Flying cape all the way!

4 Likes

Cape, no question. Superman flight entails going faster than a speeding bullet. Practically invisible, so best of both worlds.

6 Likes

Hey, stop sneaking extra powers!

I say invisibility. Flight basically just saves time.

5 Likes

Invisibility cloak all the way. It would make my life easier. I feel like the cape would be fun for a bit, but the chances of serious injury are still there. I could fly into a tree, helicopter, airplane, flock of birds, buildings, etc. Worst thing that’s gonna happen with the cloak is an internal struggle not to use it for evil. I could live with that.

7 Likes

Ain’t I a stinker?

4 Likes

The cloak

2 Likes

Definitely the cloak

2 Likes

The cape itself doesn’t allow Superman to fly, but myself and Jerry Seinfeld are still going for the cape in any event.

Larry David likes the cape too.

2 Likes

Invisibility all the way!!! I would turn into a bad guy :rofl::rofl::rofl: black mailing people, robbing banks! All kinds of crazy stuff

3 Likes

I cant walk any more

So flying.

2 Likes

I’m invisibility ever since youth. True story. I have a friend that swears to this day. That when he was little he used to be able to fly around his house, but has since forgotten how. He’s never been outlandish & is now a lawyer. He’s also the same friend that offered me $8 for my 1st comic I ever bought issue #1 Joker for .75 as a kid at the flea market. I’ll never forgive him for forgetting how to fly, or offering me $8 for a comic I bought for .75 & at the time of sale was worth $2.

1 Like

Thank you for weighing in @J.ustc.olor365 and @TurokSonOfStone1950.

@capo-mage, I love that story! Such a fun memory and coincidence that this friend is the same one who bought your comic. Do you reminisce with him about it?

1 Like

I haven’t seen him in years. Even further coincidentally. When I moved to Dayton pre internet. I discovered he lived there too. We grew up 1 street apart as kids. I invited him over & he never showed. Now he lives by my best friend from grade school in Twinsburgh, Ohio. It’s a very rich neighborhood.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a flying cape just strangle the wearer?

1 Like