Poll: If DC Universe Shuts Down

I am already subscribed to Comixology and HBO Max

3 Likes

DCU has allowed me to rediscover my love if comics. I haven’t spent this much time reading comics in years. As for what I would do if it ends…I would probably read and purchase (from a bookstore) fewer than I am now. I already get HBOmax through AT&T, so I guess I wouldn’t miss out on the shows. I would be really disappointed though.

4 Likes

I’ll do the HBO Max free trial and maybe a month here and there but I’m not going to be a regular subscriber. I’d hope that I can connect with my DCU friends via discord or some other messaging app. I enjoy DCU’s comics library but again, not going to subscribe to something else for them. I don’t have enough time to make it worth it for me.

3 Likes

I’m hoping if it is shut down DC will maintain some type of comics service. If they don’t I’ll be switching over to Marvel Unlimited.

4 Likes

If DC Universe shut down, I’d also drop HBO Max. I just don’t see a point in paying $15 a month for it when I get more value from DCU and HBO Max at the same time, plus at a cheaper price. As for my poll answer, I’d keep getting comics from my LCS. I know the owner. He and his staff have been nothing but nice to me, and I want to continue supporting him.

4 Likes

I guess I’d have to look into Comixology. The originals and old shows and movies are cool and all but the main draw for me are the comics. There is no comic store in my town so really it’s either this or paying 3 or 4 dollars per issue on the DC app and that is ludicrous for 10-15 minutes of entertainment.

Also i would have to binge the rest of Stargirl, Doom Patrol Season 2, Batman Ninja, and other things i haven’t gotten around to.

4 Likes

I completely understand. The main reason that I have DCU is the comics. I read comics on here every single day. I also love all the shows and movies, but my main love has always been comics. I do have a comic book store here, but I agree with the amount of comics that I love to read a month, I’d have to be a millionaire to afford it. I really hope DCU stays around, especially for the comics.

3 Likes

The future of my local comics shop is in doubt. Shortly after we all started to shelter in place, the owner died suddenly. No, it wasn’t Covid.

The store has been around for 20+ years but the owner had only recently bought the place. Ironically there was an article in the paper about the new owner the same week that he passed away.

Anyway, I will probably buy my hardcopy books online or buy digital books through ComiXology.

Bottom line: I hope we don’t lose the great content here.

4 Likes

i will have library

1 Like