Poll: If DC Universe Shuts Down

This Is Extremely Depressing, But I Just Thought I’d See What Others Were Thinking With Everything That Has Been Going On Lately, IF DC Universe Does Shut Down, What Are You More Likely To Do…?

• Subscribe To Comixology In Order To Read Comics
  • Subscribe To Comixology And HBOMax
  • Try To Find Paperbacks In A Comic Book Store
  • Try To Order Paperbacks From An Online Source
  • Get An HBOMax Subscription For The Movies/Shows, If You’re Not A Big Comic Book Reader
  • Give Up On All Of It, And Not Do Anything
  • Other (Reply Below)

0 voters

1 Like

Considering that I gave up on originals here… the only thing it’s good for is the community and comics but I prefer physical copies than digital comics. So if DCU shuts down I’d only really miss the community.

6 Likes

The comics library has been amazing for reading classic books that are really valuable and/or hard to find collected, stuff I wanted to read once but didn’t really feel I needed to own, and quick referencing or re-reading books I didn’t feel like digging out of long boxes. I’ll be super bummed if it goes away, and won’t be likely to buy many more TPBs than I already do now.

6 Likes

It’s the community for me also. Interestingly I had been getting my “community” experience from the dearly departed DC Daily team. When they were taken from me, I got drawn into the “real” DCU Community. I’d probably be less likely to subscribe to Comixology or buy comics without the camaraderie I experience on DCU.

2 Likes

Yeah. I love DCU, I have been on it every day for two years. Reading comics, watching movies/shows, and engaging in the community. I hope that it doesn’t go away.
If it does, I’m going to get a Comixology account, so I can keep trying to read DC comics.
I’ve never had any form of HBO, (never really even wanted it), and I can’t afford to get it, but it’s really going to suck if I can’t watch any of the DC movies/shows. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I would catch up on my backlog on Comixology and read DC collections on Hoopla.

2 Likes

Do you have to have a library card in order to use Hoopla? Cuz my library sucks, and apparently isn’t accessible.

1 Like

I would go back to Hoopla also.

1 Like

I already get paper backs, so I’ll keep doing that, as well as buying books digitally…
If this where to all go I would miss the comics greatly, definitely along with the community…

Already have HBO Max. I purchase new comics on Comixology. For older comics I would likely just continue buying digital collected editions during their frequent sales. It wouldn’t be the end of the world for me. I would just miss everyone here, to be honest. Also, all the negative buzz around DC just bugs me.

5 Likes

So I still buy quite a bit of physical copies which I really need to cut some fat from my pull list, but it’s nice to have the comics here like others said to read the oldies or to pick up a run that I never finished way back. It’s also been nice to check out Rebirth stuff that I just couldn’t justify getting with all that I already spend on comics. I buy most all the movies I like but it’s nice to have the old shows on here. I do have HBO Max so if they all go there thats okay with me. Honestly what I will miss the most is the community and the ppl here. there are a handful that I truly consider friends. I also just like checking out topics and quite frankly this is were I get my comic news LOL. I have never been one to pay attention to that kind of stuff. I’m just one of those ppl who go the shop pick up issues I like the art and story and don’t pay attention to much else.

If the place goes under I will be bummed but like moro said it wouldn’t be the end of the world for me. But this is the only social media thing I participate in besides the discord fans of DC universe and don’t think I will look elsewhere.

3 Likes

I already have a subscription to Comixology Unlimited and to HBO Max. I’ll just continue along with this and buy digital DC Comics when they go on sale, both individually & as digital trades.

1 Like

I’m ok with the content going to HBO max . But I want the comics too !

1 Like

I think it depends on what happens to the remaining creative teams. Would be disappointing to see more DC cuts.

1 Like

Man, I came here once it was announced that they’d have a real comics library versus a rotating one. If that’s gone…I guess I’d go back to getting cheap digital ones on Comixology or buying cheap trades from In Stock Trades

1 Like

Already have Comixology Unlimited

HBO Max part of my monthly celluar plan

3 Likes

It has been decided by me and a few others. If it goes down we’re moving into @Applejack’s backyard and starting a community there.

6 Likes

Yeah. Sorry your library doesn’t support Hoopla :frowning:

2 Likes

I prefer old school paperbacks myself but it’s just more practical these days to do digital. even Reprints can cost more than a monthly subscription now nevermind if you just want to lay “EYES” on the 1st Detective Comics or Action Comics and are NOT FILTHY RICH! :joy:

3 Likes

I’m gonna have to try this

2 Likes