Poll: Help Us Rank (Almost) Every Human Green Lantern Ever!

Simon Baz needs more love ya’ll

5 Likes

I’ve never like Hal. I’m glad to see Jessica is ranked so high (presently).

2 Likes

The Greatest Green Lantern ever is Hal Jordan When the chips are down he survives Read any of Geoff Johns , Dennis O’Neil or Broome and Kane and you will see why. But I love them all

8 Likes

In sports, the measure of the fame of an athlete is based on if your mom knows the person. Ex. My mom knows Michael Jordan, Tiger, Micheal Phelps. etc.

My mom knows the basic super heroes, but not any their details. She would pick Hal, the pilot who the ring selected in the crash, just like she would pick Robin (Dick Greyson) not the billions of Robins that have been added since…

She (as well as most people) would not know the history that DC writers add to the legacy of basic heroes: death, marriages, rebirths, crisis, reboot, betrayals, costume changes and on and on.

So based on her knowledge I pick Hal!

6 Likes

Her series, Green Lanterns, is great. I highly recommend it.

5 Likes

He is responsible for one of the most badass moments of Green Lanterns. Standing up to Volthoom, even after seeing him kill multiple fully powered Green Lanterns, even though he has no ring of his own, takes some considerable balls. Balls that did not go unnoticed by the rings of those dead Lanterns…

Willpower Spiking.

5 Likes

I chose Jade, largely just because I knew no one else was going to.

3 Likes

yessir!

2 Likes

Even though I have enjoyed many Green Lantern stories over the years I would say my favorite is Rebirth. So that makes me pick Hal as my #1. Some of those Lanterns I’ll admit to not knowing so they wouldn’t make my top 5. I also enjoyed the time Kyle was the White Lantern, So even though this is a Green Lantern post it helps me to forget the refrigerator problem. To this day I have my wife open the fridge 1st in case there’s some(one)thing spoiled in there! So because of the fridge problem that makes Kyle my #3. My #2 has to be John Stewart because he’s just cool and he served our country. Plus he was great on Justice League Unlimited. I don’t know enough about Alan Scott to rank him higher than #5 so Jessica is my #4.

#1 Hal Jordan
#2 John Stewart
#3 Kyle Rayner
#4 Jessica Cruz
#5 Alan Scott
Fun article. Having read many comics over the years I hope I remembered everything correctly. Oh, and I’m serious about the fridge thing! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When I was a younger, probably john or Kyle. But then Geoff Johns happened. Hal ftw

4 Likes

Joshua, far from bossing anyone around, has reported nothing but facts, and I for one appreciate the veracity of his claims.

2 Likes

It is very important to give spotlight to newer characters so one day they can be considered legends. With that being said, Jessica is a great character, though her stories in her young career in no way deserve the top spot.

2 Likes

Impossible Question!!! How could Kyle Rayner be my FAVORITE without also giving Jade a vote?
And who’s Voting for John Stewart before Guy or Hal?
Trick question!!!

4 Likes

I voted for Jade. I loved her story and I wish they would do more with her

4 Likes

Good Form!

3 Likes

In The Flash and Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold by Mark Waid and Tom Peyer. It’s a pretty awesome series. You should read it!

4 Likes

I voted for Kyle too lol. I just like him and think he was my generation’s GL…

4 Likes

As the poll will attest, Hal has the majority of votes. Give Jess time tho to eclipse him.

2 Likes

Here’s how I rank human Green Lanterns

#1 John Stewart
#2 Guy Gardner
#3 Jessica Cruz
#4 Kyle Rayner
#5 Alan Scott
#6 Hal Jordan
#7 Jade
#8 Simon Baz

everybody else in no particular order

2 Likes

I voted Kyle.
When I first got serious into comics Kyle was already the Green Lantern at the time. I have always been a Lantern fan. When I picked up issues of GL it was Kyle I read.
Also liked that he was legitimately at the right place at the right time.

2 Likes