šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤£ POLL: Funniest DC Character šŸ˜‚ šŸ¤£

Whoā€™s the most hilarious character in all of DC? Letā€™s find out!

Below are three characters who are definitely known for their sense of humor, quick wit, or just think of themselves as clowns. Which will walk away as the crown prince of comedy? Well, thatā€™s up to you!

Youā€™re also free to match up other hilarious heroes and villains in the comments below.

6 Likes

I only saw Wally West as an option. I think it voted for him when I I tried to figure out who else u could vote for. Either way, my vote wouldnā€™t be for him, it would be Plastic Man if thatā€™s an option?

4 Likes

BB is too crude for me. Joker is too homicidal for me (though he has his moments). Which leaves Wally!

1 Like

BB. Duh.

7 Likes

To me I gotta go with Wally West! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Beast Boy couldnā€™t be funny if he were simultaneously possessed by the ghosts of all Three Stooges and all four Marx Brothers. Wallyā€™s funny sometimes, but I donā€™t think heā€™s a ā€œfunniest everā€ contender by any stretch, especially not compared to Bart.

Of the options presented, for numerous reasons that Iā€™d be willing to discuss in more detail if people are interested, I think the Joker works the best when he is genuinely funny on some level. I additionally find the writers who have the best handle on the Jokerā€™s voice and personality like Paul Dini and Chuck Dixon are also the ones who make him the funniest. Thatā€™s one of the reasons Mark Hamill is such a great Joker, too: plenty of Joker actors can be appropriately menacing, but Hamill can also deliver the slapstick really well.

Outside these options, Impulse has got to be up there, and itā€™s hard to pick a specific character, but a lot of the cast of Justice League International would be contenders as well.

6 Likes

Wally couldnā€™t be funnier!

1 Like

Fun topic, @ZatannaAndHerSpells! I love a solid dose of humor in my comics!

Aside from the characters mentioned, I really loved the way that Guy Gardner was portrayed in Green Lantern: The Animated Series (Season 1: Episode 14). They did a great job showing Guy rubbing ā€œHal Jordan of Earthā€ the wrong way - always being seen in the background of a conversationā€¦ ā€œHey! Is that Guy?!ā€ :joy:

5 Likes

Hey everyone! Due to some technical difficulties with the last poll, we had to do a bit of a reset. Everything is working now, so feel free to cast your votes again! :smiley:

4 Likes

Secret Option Number Three (well four anyway)

2 Likes

Bat-Cow ALL THE WAY !!!

2 Likes

My personal belief is that there is no inherently funniest character. Given a particular scene, even Batman can be funny, or Plastic Man can be dead serious. It all depends on the writer.

That said, given the choice: I have to go with Beast Boy ā€” and collectively the Teen Titans. Theyā€™re the only ones collectively sustaining a pure comedy series.

9 Likes

LOVE watching these five whenever theyā€™re on. Sooo funny!

8 Likes

Ahh thereā€™s the other contestants. Iā€™ll take Beast Boy even tho my accidental vote went to Wally.

5 Likes

Did nobody say Ambush Bug? Heā€™s unquestionably and consistently the funniest DC character.

8 Likes

Have to go with BB.

5 Likes

Yeah Iā€™d vote for @biff_pow, too.
Oh wait was that funniest DC character or funniest character on DCU? :innocent:

7 Likes

Ambush Bug Is The funniest. TT go is never funny

3 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

But he has his own team of joke writers. I go Plastic Man. @HubCityQuestion is accurate on the writer having an influence, but Iā€™ve always thought Plas has one of the best continuous streaks of funny writing around? Just my opinion. At least we both landed on Beast Boy. Me & Hub that is. That was worded wrong.

2 Likes