Poll: DC Comics Action Figures/Toys: Who's Your Favorite Licensee?

• Ideal Toys (DC-based character outfits for their Captain Action figure, along with other DC product)
  • Mego (their original 70s/early '80s run and their current product)
  • Kenner (1984-1986, the Super Powers Collection)
  • Toy Biz (the DC Comics Super Heroes action figure line)
  • Ertl (Burton Batman and DC Comics Super Heroes product lines)
  • Kenner/Hasbro (the 1990-2003 era)
  • DC Direct/ Collectibles/Direct (1999-present)
  • Mattel (2003-2020)
  • Jada Toys (2017-2018; die-cast products including, but not limited to, Batmobiles, the Nano figures, etc)
  • McFarlane Toys (2020-present)
  • Spin Master (2020-present)
  • Miscellaneous (Hot Toys, Sideshow Collectibles, S.H. Figuarts, etc)

0 voters

7 Likes

I think it is hard to compete with what Mattel did at this point. They held the license for so long and put out some fantastic action figures. Maybe McFarlane Toys will overtake them one day, or maybe DC Direct does something seriously epic. For me though… Mattel.

4 Likes

Question @Vroom which is the DC universe classics Walmart line with the buttons & build a figure parts on that list. I know it’s Mattel. Is that it?

These ones.

5 Likes

I don’t know what the name of the company is but these are all great figs!

5 Likes

Not sure if the same but I love that style. I posted this as 1 of my all time favorite packaging of characters.

4 Likes

Hey @Vroom which one is the DC universe classics. I wanna vote lol. Mattel?

3 Likes

all the images posted so far are mattel

4 Likes

So which one is the pic of Raven .The DC Universe classics. That’s all I wish to know lol. How do I vote for that line?

3 Likes

Raven is part of the DC Universe Classics line, so you would pick Mattel :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank u @ashleywilbanks.

4 Likes

@capo-mage always happy to help a fellow collector!

4 Likes

And it’s much appreciated & likewise.

3 Likes

@ashleywilbanks Both Kenner eras will always have a special hold on me, but I concur about Mattel, as the character variety across their lines was absolutely fantastic, and they had the best sculptors in the industry, The Four Horsemen, provide outstanding work on most of their collector-based output. Their Zipline Batman from 2003 is still one of the best designed Batman figures of all time.

@capo-mage, sorry for the delay in response, but @ashleywilbanks is correct in that you’d vote for Mattel when it comes to DCUC. If you had figures from say, Total Justice and you wanted to lend support to that line, you’d then vote for Kenner/Hasbro.

3 Likes

Not a problem. I operate at weird hours b/c my sleep schedule flips. So I completely understand not being available 24/7. Plus that whole life thing gets in the way lol.

3 Likes

Lego was on my mind, but I ultimately chose to include action figure and figural based (hence the inclusion of die-cast items) product, and not Lego which is typically dependent on a vehicle or playset of some kind first, and it’s included figures second.

2 Likes