Please Welcome To The Stage…New Moderators BeastBoy & Zatanna!

As our community grows, so grows our moderation team! :tada:

With Community 2.0 on the way, we’re expecting more threads, events, and guest appearances. And there’s no one better to help usher in the next evolution than these fellow DC fans and passionate moderators, @BeastBoy and @Zatanna! If you see them around the forums, don’t be afraid to say “olleh!”

Everyone please join me in giving a warm welcome to our new vigilantes on the street! :hugs: :hugs:

29 Likes

Welcome BeastBoy and Zatanna! Nice to see some more mod representation outside the Shadow of the Bat!

11 Likes

Now, time for me to ask the question I always ask about Zatanna:

When speaking backwards… does one reverse the spelling of each word but keep them in sequence, or does she reverse the entire sentence?

For example:

1. Annataz sklat ekil siht.
  2. Tihs ekil sklat Annataz.

I’ve always personally leaned towards #1, but I may have seen it both ways.

4 Likes

…Wow, unfortunate (Freudian?) typo in #2 there. >_<

6 Likes

@HubCityQuestion Excited to be here! Bats are great but all animals (and heroes) need love.

7 Likes

:confetti_ball: Yay! Welcome mods! :green_heart::paw_prints::cat:

6 Likes

@iJest Thank you! :bear::hugs:

4 Likes

Welcome!!!

4 Likes

Two Greats!!! Welcome guys!

4 Likes

I want to apologize in advance that you have to read my jokes and opinions. WELCOME

7 Likes

@Nathan.Payson @argelisjiminian1.21536 Thanks folks! Glad to be part of such an epic community. :green_heart:

4 Likes

@biff_pow Just wait; Dad jokes cower from the power of my jokes. No apologies necessary.

8 Likes

Welcome @BeastBoy and @Zatanna!

4 Likes

Thank you all for the very warm welcome! I’m sure one or two of you have seen me raeppa in a thread or two around the forums already but it’s nice to formally meet all of you.

To answer your question, @HubCityQuestion, I’ve seen it both ways as well. I’m more of a fan of option 2, especially when we are able to hear the spells spoken in the animated shows. If memory serves, they use the first option in Young Justice and the second in Justice League Dark, and combined with actually playing the audio in reverse it makes for a very haunting sounding spell.

10 Likes

Ooh, the backmasking feature is a good point. Acceptable!

5 Likes

“Ain’t no party like a DCU party cause a DCU party don’t stop!!!”

Welcome to the party @Zatanna and @BeastBoy! =)

8 Likes

Welcome new Mods, here are my rules:

Rule 1: NEVER MESS WITH THE REDHOOD!

Other than that, welcome!

6 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

To quote Wonder Woman: “And the adventure continues.”

Hi newbies! wave Welcome! Tell us about yourselves, please =)

Make sure to stop by TX85’s “What did you last eat?” thread in the Random section for well…everything. That thing isn’t as big as it is because of highly sophisticated culinary observations, wine sifter jiggles and bonmot’s. It’s a gas of a good time!

5 Likes

Hello and welcome!

3 Likes