PLEASE STOP with the Marvel Unlimited comparisons.

Marvel Unlimited comparison incoming…

3…

2…

1…

This thing sucks compared to Marvel Unlimited. :ghost:

2 Likes

There are a lot of important ways the two can be compared. For example, when MU uploads new comics, they are featured on the main page as new titles for the week. There’s also a page for new titles released that month. This keeps the new content front and center and clearly demonstrates the value of the app. DC Universe could and should do this. (They should also have a page of comics “leaving soon” since that is also their plan). Also MU showcases new titles front and center (new as in six months old!). This gets readers involved in the ongoing story lines and whats going on at Marvel today. DC Universe in comparison seems to be mining nostalgia and practically ignores the great work that artists and writers are putting in for the company today, work that will be the inspiration for tomorrow’s movies and TV shows and so on. I’ve been curious about the Rebirth titles - not enough to want to buy them individually or as trades, but enough that I would read them if offered in an all you can eat service, then buy or collect the likely few titles that I want enough to own on my shelf. In short, one could ask a great deal more from DC Universe as it compares to MU even if you set aside the relative size of the archives. I think regular users of MU are very disappointed right now because the experience of using the DC U app is so subpar in comparison to what we are used to, but that it will take some time to understand and clearly articulate why that is the case. On the flip side, it would be fantastic if MU added streaming TV services as well! It seemed like DC was one-upping Marvel in a big way, but it turns out to not be the case, at least so far.

5 Likes

Wait…I have another comment

No

ReelBigCohen,

How exactly are we ruining the fun? We’re commenting (very politely I might add) on a thread in the comics forum. You don’t want to read the comments, don’t come to the thread.

Seems pretty simple.

2 Likes