Pitch a Page Puncher

Thank you. I know my DC (toys and otherwise). :nerd_face:

You know, just when I think Iā€™ve finally found some even-Stevens level of commonality with you, you just pull the rug out from under my feet. :joy:

I liked parts of Seeleyā€™s run, but overall? Eh, not one of my favorite things about the wave 1 books of Rebirth.

Must be those darn deviled eggs that made you like Seeley over Taylor. :wink:

1 Like

Interesting. I just jive with Seeleyā€™s writing and characters over Taylorā€™s. Plus they had Marcus To on art, even if only briefly. Heā€™s one of my all time faves!

2 Likes

Marcus To is pretty swell, Iā€™ll give you that.

1 Like

Okay, hereā€™s what Iā€™d want (though, I donā€™t expect it):

T-shirt and jeans Superman (Action Comics #1, 2011)
Shade, the Changing Man (Shade, the Changing Man #1, 1990)
Harley Quinn (Harley Quinn #1, 2021)
Jo Mullein (Far Sector #1, 2019)

2 Likes

Yes! There are literally no action figures of t-shirt and jeans Superman, be it from the beginning of The New 52 or DC You and the Truth arc. This needs to change.

Shade is a character with only a few figures, so again, yes to this.

I support this for the female and Infinite Frontier representation it would bring to the line.

I support this because I want as many female figures in the line as possible and, like Yara Flor, Iā€™ve wanted a Jo figure since I first saw a promotional image of her.

Good choices!

1 Like

Thanks! It always bummed me out as a kid that there werenā€™t many female action figures and the ones they did have were hard to find in stores. Thatā€™s why I wanted at least two of my picks to be women.

1 Like

Undershipped, due to the woefully silly ā€œLittle boys donā€™t want to play with figures of girls.ā€ mentality.

I mean, as a little boy in the late '80s and early '90s, I had figures of Jeanine Melnitz from The Real Ghostbusters, along with this Wonder Woman, which I got when I was 7ā€¦

ā€¦and I canā€™t even begin to tell you how badly I wanted figures of Vicki Vale and Chase Meridian when I was a kid, let alone figures of Curare, Dana and Inque in the Batman Beyond line, etc., etc.

So yeah, more women would absolutely be welcome. I would love to see Yara in both Page Punchers lines. Include the J. Scott Campbell variant of Wonder Girl #1 with the 3-inch version and itā€™d be a homerun, I believe.

I mean, Iā€™d buy two at least, so Iā€™d be doing my part.

1 Like

These likely wonā€™t ever happen, but ever the optimist, Iā€™ll suggest them anyway:

• Death, with Action Comics #894.

• Morpheus, with Sandman #1

• Elijah Snow, with Planetary #12

• Zealot, with WildC.A.T.S v1 #5

3 Likes

Letā€™s go really wild!

Hawkman with the first issue of Vendittiā€™s run!
Batgirl (Babs) with the first issue of Batgirl Year One
Stephanie Brown Robin with a special edition comic of Wizard Magazine #150 and Solo #10 (this is because Iā€™m going completely crazy) (more realistic would be the first issue of Robins)
Kyle Rayner, Omega Man with the first issue of Omega Men (since Iā€™m already going ridiculous, letā€™s go all the way!)

4 Likes

Not to burst your bubble Ace, but those arenā€™t so crazy. I mean, theyā€™d get made before my recent, largely Vertigo and WildStorm pitches would.

Iā€™d like to see Steph Robin with Robin #127.

I was going to say Robin #126, but the figure would largely block Stephā€™s face, whereas it (and Batman) would be in full view on the cover of #127.

2 Likes

But what about Teen Titans #13? Which has been reprinted quite a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking thatā€™d be good for Superboy, when he comes along.

Imagine the person whoā€™s new to that comic and what theyā€™d think:

ā€œRobin and Superboy fighting, and thereā€™s an included Superboy figure? This is something I have to spend $9.99 on, and how!ā€

Marketing, yo. Marketing. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Would like to see this cover come to life. Ivan Reisā€™ art is long overdue for some figure work, plus I just love these designs.

4 Likes

We donā€™t have any Ivan Reis Aquaman? Criminal!

3 Likes

Ivan Reisā€™ art was extensively featured in Iron Studios statue lines. They made a lot of DC statues utilizing his designs, especially in 1/10 (7ā€) scale, including Aquaman:

I just havenā€™t seen action figures based on his art, not yet anyway.

3 Likes

We need an Ivan Reis Superman line, based on his work in Bendisā€™ Superman. The line could occasionally see a Reis-style Justice League member pop-in every so often, as well.

Some more ideas for the 3-inch Page Punchers line (as opposed to the 7-inch line of the same name, which includes a comic created specifically for the whole series):

• Yara Flor (Future State: Wonder Woman #1)

• Jon Kent Superman (Superman: Son of Kal-El #1)

• Martian Manhunter (Martian Manhunter (1998) #1)

2 Likes

In-package photos of the second series of the 3-inch Page Punchers line were recently revealed:

SN: I think its karma that part of EVSā€™ name is blocked off.

Spiffy group, overall. I hope Flashpoint carries on through the line for its remaining issues.

4 Likes

Oh wow, I am going to have to get that Green Lantern one (surprising nobody). :smiley:

3 Likes

IKR? Thatā€™s like me buying a Superman figure, which is practicallyā€¦

:wink:

2 Likes

I do need more Superman figures, too. I got the Action Comics #1000 figure a while back and love it.

2 Likes