Pitch a Page Puncher

Thank you. I know my DC (toys and otherwise). :nerd_face:

You know, just when I think I’ve finally found some even-Stevens level of commonality with you, you just pull the rug out from under my feet. :joy:

I liked parts of Seeley’s run, but overall? Eh, not one of my favorite things about the wave 1 books of Rebirth.

Must be those darn deviled eggs that made you like Seeley over Taylor. :wink:

1 Like

Interesting. I just jive with Seeley’s writing and characters over Taylor’s. Plus they had Marcus To on art, even if only briefly. He’s one of my all time faves!

2 Likes

Marcus To is pretty swell, I’ll give you that.

1 Like

Okay, here’s what I’d want (though, I don’t expect it):

T-shirt and jeans Superman (Action Comics #1, 2011)
Shade, the Changing Man (Shade, the Changing Man #1, 1990)
Harley Quinn (Harley Quinn #1, 2021)
Jo Mullein (Far Sector #1, 2019)

2 Likes

Yes! There are literally no action figures of t-shirt and jeans Superman, be it from the beginning of The New 52 or DC You and the Truth arc. This needs to change.

Shade is a character with only a few figures, so again, yes to this.

I support this for the female and Infinite Frontier representation it would bring to the line.

I support this because I want as many female figures in the line as possible and, like Yara Flor, I’ve wanted a Jo figure since I first saw a promotional image of her.

Good choices!

1 Like

Thanks! It always bummed me out as a kid that there weren’t many female action figures and the ones they did have were hard to find in stores. That’s why I wanted at least two of my picks to be women.

1 Like

Undershipped, due to the woefully silly “Little boys don’t want to play with figures of girls.” mentality.

I mean, as a little boy in the late '80s and early '90s, I had figures of Jeanine Melnitz from The Real Ghostbusters, along with this Wonder Woman, which I got when I was 7…

…and I can’t even begin to tell you how badly I wanted figures of Vicki Vale and Chase Meridian when I was a kid, let alone figures of Curare, Dana and Inque in the Batman Beyond line, etc., etc.

So yeah, more women would absolutely be welcome. I would love to see Yara in both Page Punchers lines. Include the J. Scott Campbell variant of Wonder Girl #1 with the 3-inch version and it’d be a homerun, I believe.

I mean, I’d buy two at least, so I’d be doing my part.

1 Like

These likely won’t ever happen, but ever the optimist, I’ll suggest them anyway:

• Death, with Action Comics #894.

• Morpheus, with Sandman #1

• Elijah Snow, with Planetary #12

• Zealot, with WildC.A.T.S v1 #5

3 Likes

Let’s go really wild!

Hawkman with the first issue of Venditti’s run!
Batgirl (Babs) with the first issue of Batgirl Year One
Stephanie Brown Robin with a special edition comic of Wizard Magazine #150 and Solo #10 (this is because I’m going completely crazy) (more realistic would be the first issue of Robins)
Kyle Rayner, Omega Man with the first issue of Omega Men (since I’m already going ridiculous, let’s go all the way!)

4 Likes

Not to burst your bubble Ace, but those aren’t so crazy. I mean, they’d get made before my recent, largely Vertigo and WildStorm pitches would.

I’d like to see Steph Robin with Robin #127.

I was going to say Robin #126, but the figure would largely block Steph’s face, whereas it (and Batman) would be in full view on the cover of #127.

2 Likes

But what about Teen Titans #13? Which has been reprinted quite a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking that’d be good for Superboy, when he comes along.

Imagine the person who’s new to that comic and what they’d think:

“Robin and Superboy fighting, and there’s an included Superboy figure? This is something I have to spend $9.99 on, and how!”

Marketing, yo. Marketing. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Would like to see this cover come to life. Ivan Reis’ art is long overdue for some figure work, plus I just love these designs.

3 Likes

We don’t have any Ivan Reis Aquaman? Criminal!

2 Likes

Ivan Reis’ art was extensively featured in Iron Studios statue lines. They made a lot of DC statues utilizing his designs, especially in 1/10 (7”) scale, including Aquaman:

I just haven’t seen action figures based on his art, not yet anyway.

2 Likes