Pennyworth TV Show

So I saw the article on the main DC site about them casting the part of Alfred in the new Pennyworth tv show that’s scheduled to air next year. What do you guys think of it? I mean in general about the show, not particularly about Jack Bannon. Although I think he is very good looking, I’ve never watched anything that he’s been in. I got a lot more interested in it when I saw that it was actually going to be set in the 1960’s. But I don’t have EPIX the station it’s going to be on, so I really hope they bring it to this app after it airs on tv.

2 Likes

I love Alfred but na not interested. I’ll give it a try though

1 Like

Don’t have Epix so hopefully we’ll see it on here too.

2 Likes

I’ll certainly give it a go.

Have no idea what to expect. I’m guessing DCs 007 but who knows.

1 Like

I wanted him to have blue eyes, but not worried about it. He and Thomas look fine and they seem to have a good idea and format they are running with.

1 Like

I found out today that at least some of the EPIX shows must end up on Hulu. It will be interesting to see which app it goes to.

1 Like

I mean…I’m not exactly opposed to this show, I just don’t see the reason or…like who is the demographic for this show. It’s not going to attract the Gotham audience because Gotham at least has more Batman lore than this show can essentially have. I mean, I didn’t watch Agent Carter, which is the only comparison I can make to this show, so for all I know this could be amazing.

2 Likes

I for one would be totally down to hear Alfred’s back story. I mean he is so mysterious?? How did he end up in Wayne manor? DC never cease’s to amaze me :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is a show i am not dying to see, but I will watch it.

1 Like

Anything has potential in the hands of good writers. I’m wondering if the show will be set in Gotham or if it will be more global. I’m hoping it will be more along the lines of 007 myself. The 60’s would be the height of the cold war which seems like the perfect backdrop for that.

1 Like

I think it could be interesting

By all means make the show and it will appeal to who it appeals too. I just dont have any interest in alfred as a main character.

If it comes to this app, I’ll watch it with an open mind. I won’t be seeking it out otherwise. It’s not really something that sounds interesting enough for me to try to get EPIX or another streaming service to watch that show.

Been a long time for alfred all i can say is ITS ABOUT TIME