PENNYWORTH (Sn2) đŸ“ș Watch Alongs! đŸ’„ MONDAYS (Starting 9/26) @ 6pm PST/9pm EST

Hey there, everybody - It’s time for Round :v: Two!

Pennyworth (Sn2): The origin story of Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier who forms a security company and goes to work with young billionaire Thomas Wayne.

:uk: WHERE: Right here in this thread @ 6pm PST/9pm EST!

:uk: WHEN: Mondays (10 Episodes)

9/26 E1&2
10/3 E3&4
10/10 E5&6
10/17 E7&8
10/24 E9&10

PLEASE NOTE:

You’ll need your own access to the show. It’s available on HBOMax. Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track.

Rated: TV-MA, Runtime: 50-ish minutes

:dc_history_club: Contact @Razzzcat below if you have any questions.

11 Likes

This one is for Alfie.

Available in our :dc: Library:

Dear friends and fellow historians,

Whether you’ve been keeping current with the show, or joined us for Season One, you know that it takes place during the 1960’s in the United Kingdom. And there is a cast member—a fictional role belonging to a wholly unique cultural icon. :crown:

You’ve also undoubtedly seen the news over the last 11 days. After more than 70 dutiful and gracious years, the Commonwealth has lost its sovereign and gained another, Charles lll. She was laid to rest today, so with gratitude, as citizens of the world, we offer the King our condolences, and support in his own pledge of devotion to public service that has come to define the House of Windsor.

Last season, during our watch-alongs, we celebrated aspects of British, Welsh, and Scottish culture, complete with music and a tea drinking game. As an institution of world history, ‘the Queen’ was included in our festivities, and will remain so. When the Queen appears, or someone mentions her (or her military), we drink. :teapot::rose:

With that, there’s only one more thing to say: :wink: God Save The Queen.

(Not a standard lone charger, but :purple_heart:)

9 Likes

:dc_history_club: Here’s an interesting poll from ye olden days of DCU:

Stop by :point_right: HERE :uk: if you’d like to discuss the upcoming SN 3, and here’s the Season 2 Trailer! :popcorn: Hope to see you here!

Ps. Don’t forget your
 :eyes: “spy gear”. You all know what I mean! We also respectfully request 1000% more corgis in here this season. :face_with_monocle: P&Ty.

8 Likes

#I’llPutAKettleOn :uk:

4 Likes

Season 2 disclaimer for all of Alfie, Bazza, and Dave Boy’s suspects:

2 Likes

Huzzah!

2 Likes
3 Likes

giphy

:point_up_2:I have seen nothing on a renewal for this show, btw, and that
sucks. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

:pleading_face: Sadly, Lauren Faust has apparently left the show to follow her husband (Chet McCracken) on a new series venture.

This was also posted to what is apparently her Twitter feed:

Capture

The question now seems to be if the second season consisted of a full fifty-two episode run or if it’s to be canceled after the first twenty-six. Also- Supergirl voice actor Nicole Sullivan has left the series as well.

Nothing is confirmed and I’ve been on this like a hawk. My raven at WB will neither confirm nor deny. It’s hard for me to talk about as I’m so invested in this show. As everyone knows next to the in comics version this is my most fave representation of BG, and in light of my gurrrlll’s film debut cancelation, I’m going to be very sad if this show goes away. :cry: :00_batgirl1:

2 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

:sob:

2 Likes

I have only one thing to say here :tomato: Boooo

4 Likes

Co-signed.

2 Likes

Hey y’all- not feeling well today so I’mma have to miss the season 2 premiere WAL. I’ll be back next week. :hugs:

3 Likes

:pleading_face: :hugs:

2 Likes

Hey y’all- you know what? I’m feeling a bit better. Think I’ll def be here tonight. :grinning:

2 Likes

42 Minutes! :boom:

4 Likes

Oh good! :hugs: Glad you’re doing better!

4 Likes

:hugs:

2 Likes