🪙Pennyworth Canceled🪙

Exactly, because technically that’s all Epix was (now that Amazon owns MGM? I expect MGM + to be bundled with Amazon Prime and FreeVee eventually).

Before NexStar shuts down the CW - CW Seed App (and sells Content to other Streamers), there’s still plenty free to watch and rewatch that isn’t moved to Netflix (Warner Bros Discovery let Content go to Tubi and Roku, but I have a feeling they will go after Sandman at Netflix via renegotiation , or buy back) …

2 Likes

Yep, I just used the CW app to watch all of Powerless and realized that if I watch on my laptop versus my phone or tablet, the adblock on my browser will actually do their thing.

I watched Pennyworth with a discord group during a lockdown zoom binge when Epix made it available for free. The on-line drinking and camaraderie were far more fun than the actual content, albeit I thought the main characters were excellent acting wise. The script was just far too bat crap cray cray for words and while one day I may watch the other two seasons, I feel no urgency.

3 Likes

And now the trade papers are reporting that HBO Max will not merge with Discovery as a streamer (lol! - corporate leadership at Warner Bros Discovery doesn’t know f’ nigh!)

I never got through a whole Season of Pennyworth (Epix), just like I never got through a whole Season of Gotham (Fox), but I’m still finding Content on the CW app free to watch until NexStar probably shuts it down.

2 Likes