Pen/Pencil VS. Digital Question

I love to read comics, (both digitally and hardcopy).
I also love to draw, (both with my Ipad and Apple Pencil, as well as normal Pencil and Pen on a nice Artist Paper).
And when I take notes, I do so on (both Ipad, as well as regual pen and paper).
With that said, I’d like to know what you do the most of in each of these categories.

When Working On Your Art:

0 voters

When Taking Notes:
    • I use Physical Hard-copy Items when I am taking notes. (Pencil, Pen, Paper, etc.) digital-notetaking
    • I use Both Hardcopy and Digital Items when I am taking notes. (Pencil, Pen, Tablet, Computer, Paper, Apple Pencil, Phone, etc.)
      digital-notes
    • None Of The Above vote-none-of-the-above

0 voters

When Reading Comics:

0 voters

4 Likes

For art I was normally non digitally but the past few year it was hard to get time to do physical and I wanted to get back into I last year so I downloaded an app and started drawing digital. It’s been a blast.

As for comics I’ve always liked digital with the panel to panel reading.

For note I’m more of a pen/pencil and paper person. (Even though I can barley read my handwriting) it helps me remember better.

2 Likes

I own digital drawing appliances but it’s never quite felt the same for me, paper feels much better and I’m more comfortable with it.

2 Likes

@Rip_Rubbler I know what you mean. I love to draw with both physical and digital. But I didn’t like the extremely smooth feeling on my Ipad, so I ordered some of those screen covers that make it feel more like paper. Now I love it much more, because it gives the feeling of your Apple Pencil drawing on a nice piece of sketch paper. :metal:

2 Likes

Neve heard of those! I’ll have to try it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got some from Amazon. If you just search for ones with a “Matte finish”, it gives a more textured feel. I love it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Still love working in Pen/Pencil best, I just have a better feel for it. Love both hard copy and digital comics. DCUI has an awesome library.

1 Like