🦅 Peacemaker S1 Discussion Thread 🦅

E4

Awesome™:+1:episode

A deep look at many characters. Great stuff from all of it.

Adebeyo has that Waller manipulation in her but seems she doesn’t like it. But with Waller as a mom may be the connection to her Peacemaker’s friendship.

Vigilante trying to find help out. Hiding his identity :laughing:. But then going to town on dragons crew. Greta stuff there but that end :cry:.

Peacemaker dealing with his dad (who’s not a duck in a mansuit). His White Dragon suit look cool. But gathers the helmets and still cares about the monster his dad is.

But he has a butterfly. Curious he doesn’t trust them too. A sad dance montage with the flashbacks. Did him and his bother fight and that lead to his death. Man tough stuff there.

Murn is a butterfly. Has he always been one. Or what it recent. Are there bad and good flys. So many questions.

Also the gorilla has to be something but what​:thinking:. Also Matter eater lad now exists. Cool.

Will White Dragon spill the beans? Can our team come back for this? What’s with the butterflies? All this and more Same Peaceful Time Same Peaceful Channel

5 Likes

Gorilla Gorod

4 Likes

THIS WAS INSANE. I was so tense thinking he didn’t know what he was doing!

One of the scenes that made me decide he’s my new fave in this series. :eyeglasses:

When he got in the car and was near tears … just great characterization compared to what we first saw of him. They really deepened his character in this ep and I hope we get to see lots more!

Completely agree! I really am loving his work from what I’ve seen of it. I’m beginning to trust anything I see his name attached to. :eyes: I mean, the entire opening sequence just speaks for itself …

(Doom Patrol is my other fave DC show – I agree it’s been executed just as well.)

My conclusion for the latest ep, specifically the last 20 seconds:

5 Likes

Yeah, Vigilante was a character I was kind of mixed on when the show started. Like, I’m not a big fan of the character, but it felt like they were making him into a lame Deadpool caricature without any of the prowess. Dude definitely showed off he could fight in that prison, all the while ruthlessly ridiculing some white supremacists in the process, what a legend.

4 Likes

ok how long was murn a butterfly, does waller know, Adebayo is definitely her mother’s daughter with all that manipulation. someone give peacemaker a hug, and I would like to enter his dad into dc dad’s hall of shame

4 Likes

This scene made me think of the Doctor Who Episode “Let’s Kill Hitler”. Not sure if anyone else has seen it but there is a similar scene in that episode to this where a character taunts a bunch of Nazis almost how Vigilante did. It’s one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes.

But that scene with Vigilante was really well done.

6 Likes

I have made no secret of my disgust with DC Comics version of Peacemaker. But John Cena (and James Gunn) have made it come alive in a way that makes up for every comic book misstep.

5 Likes

Ep 5

What a bloody and sweet team bonding episode :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Especially Harcourt warming up was great to see.

Everything with Vigilante is 10/10
OH yeah and freaking KITE MAN !

The cop sub plot is getting more interesting with this new player in the mix.

And what a cliff hanger!

8 Likes

they had such a cute bonding expeirence and now murn may kill adebayo, will peacemaker avenge her?

6 Likes

Naming the groupchat “11th Street Kids” –

6 Likes

When a show about John Cena and an Eagle is better than a Boba Fett show

3 Likes

E5
Awesome™:+1: episode

Really enjoyed the team bonding.

First the PowerPoint fun stuff. The name listing was great :laughing:.

Then bonding by killing everyone and the Charlie story comes into play. Great stuff poor gorilla being buttered. But great bonding at the end.

The cop story is interesting. Wonder what’s Locker’s plan. Is he buttered. :thinking:

Then the end. More bonding and she finds it all out. Duh duh duh. What a Cliff Hanger.

Also Kiteman (Hell yeah)cameo. Great stuff.

Did Adebeyo survive? What next for the Butterflies? What’s with the diary? All this and more Same Peaceful Time Same Peaceful Channel

4 Likes

Speaking of which, they released on YouTube an even more extended version of that scene.

Warning: harsh language, obviously.

5 Likes

Not tooooo bad of a show. I personally aint a big fan John Cena but he isnt that bad at all.

4 Likes

Freddie Stroma! James Gunn!

Those last two aren’t even things!

:laughing: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

The reveal of “Charlie” got me :joy:

6 Likes

EP 6

… such a sad end to the detectives storyline. Didn’t expect Song to be taken over. Really liked her and Fitz’s dynamic. Him losing a friend w/o realizing it :anguished: pleasantly surprised by the added depth to the alien queen giving Fitz a smile, etc. The butterfly sequences were so cool. The smiling too (funny + creepy). Gunn leaves no detail left unturned/followed back on.

‘IF’ Murn’s being 100% honest then what did Judo Master mean by butterflies are not what they think :thinking: Still seems like an alien invasion/take over either way you cut it idk… maybe more to reveal since the alien queen said “in the end this is better for everyone”. Maybe stopping human conflict is an aspect of their take over plan.

Eagley, what a badass!
Loved that they kept him acting like a bird during tense moments lol

Robert Patrick looks even more badass wearing the White Dragon then it was when it’s on display (which already looked cool).

5 Likes
5 Likes

E6

Crazy episode

Turns out they all knew except Well 3. The mystery of these butters only goes deeper. It’s crazy. Makes me wonder if they are just original and nothing from the comics.

Peacemaker escapes but at the cost of his bonding with the team. Thing just got real messed up.

The cops. So sad they got buttered. But a really cool scene as well as white dragon. The smiles we’re great​:laughing::laughing:. The villains are building up.

The Waller. Planning to blame it all on Peacemaker at the end. Still cruel as always.

How will the team get out of this? What is the Butterflies plan? What’s White Dragons Plan? All this and more Same Peaceful Time Same Peaceful Channel

6 Likes

Also Keeya has a sister in Gotham. Wonder if it’s anyone important :thinking:

4 Likes