Pat Dugan Thread

With a new season of Stargirl coming soon which I can’t wait to see, this thread is all about her sidekick… S.T.R.I.P.E, AKA Pat Dugan.
Pat Dugan has been around since 1941, he was Starman’s sidekick known as Stripsey. And they join the JSA as well.
Anyway this thread will focus on his comic and show appearance.
I think Luke Wilson does a fantastic job playing him, I can really relate if I ever become a stepdad.
He try so hard to become a good father figure to Courtney.
To me there’s a mystery to him that @HubCityQuestion might know, since he has a young son name Mike, Who was his first wife and what happened to her?
Pat-Dugan-Stripesy-stargirl-cw-43477506-540-350
So come along, and join the fun with one of DC Comics first sidekick. Not sure who came first, him or Robin. :thinking:

I hope someday DC Universe Infinite will add his first appearance in comic in their Library.

:jsa_book_club: :stargirl:

6 Likes

He married Mike’s mom in Vegas. She got sick of his time displacement issues and left them to party in the Caribbean. When Mike was 12/13 she died.

4 Likes

That’s pretty much all we know! Her name was Maggie Shaw.

3 Likes

Interesting, Thankyou @MatthewHecht & @HubCityQuestion. :grinning:
By the way here’s a picture of his first comic appearance…
StarSpangledComics01

2 Likes

You have questions, and I fittingly have answers.

3 Likes

If you’re interested in seeing some appearances of Pat Dugan before he came into Courtney Whitmore’s life on DCUI, I’d recommend some of the following:

World’s Finest Comics #8-18
Adventure Comics #438
Justice League of America #100-102
Justice League of America #111
Justice League of America #193
All-Star Squadron
Infinity, Inc.
Young All-Stars
Secret Origins #9
Star-Spangled Comics #1

4 Likes

Awesome @HubCityQuestion, I really appreciate that! Can’t wait to read them. Thankyou so much for taking the time to make the list.:grinning:

3 Likes

@Vroom, hope you like this thread as well. It’s what I was telling you about over at Hawkman thread. :grinning:

3 Likes

Yep, I gotcha. I’ll reply more in-depth as time allows. :wink:

3 Likes

I thought they did a good job blending star man and star-spangled kid together, in turn making Stripesy Starman’s sidekick. I don’t know any other story lines that did this but I liked it.

3 Likes

It would really be cool if DC Universe added the entire run of Star Spangled Comics. I would love to read the Golden Age adventures of The Star Spangled Kid and Stripesy.

2 Likes

I Like Pat Dugan, On Star Girl!
He’s A Concerned Parent!
A Great Character!

Pat Dugan is A Great J.S.A. Member!
Pat Dugan, is the Moral Compass of the Show!
The Moral Compass of the Justice Society of America!

Pat Dugan is A Great Person!
Pat Dugan Acts Like A Real Father Figure On Star Girl!
Pat Dugan is Worried About Star Girl!

Pat Dugan and Star Girl, Work Well Together!
The Banter Between Pat Dugan and Star Girl is Great!
Pat Dugan is A Great Character In Star Girl and In the Comics!

2 Likes