Painkiller Potential Series Discussion (What Would You Like To See?)

So We are 2 episodes away from the Painkiller Pilot and the CW is starting to advertise with Jordan Calloway.

So in case you have not watched the show, Painkiller, or Khalil, was just an athletic high school student who had big plans of going to college and leaving his hometown Freeland, until he was shot and had his spine severed during a town protest.

He is given a robotic Spine by the corrupt crime lord Tobias which gives him superhero abilities and is forced to wreak havoc on his town and go up against the town hero Black Lightning. No longer wanting to work with Tobias and wanting to form a relationship with his girlfriend Jennifer, he tries to flee but is convinced by Jefferson (Black Lightning) to turn himself in to the police.

He is captured by Tobias and seemingly killed when he has his spine ripped out.

He is later revived and brainwashed by a company called the A.S.A to become a weapon and does some unspeakable things. He is brought back to his senses by his ex girlfriend Jennifer, but realizes that he has to live with what he has done and live with the “Painkiller” being a part of him.

That is my rushed and terrible rundown of his character :sob:

What would you all like to see in the Painkiller show. Salim Akil, Creator of Black Lightning has said that he wants to explore the duality of Black Men, I think that is a great idea!

3 Likes

I don’t want this show to be as dramatic as Black Lightning. I’m sure that Painkiller will be leaving Freeland, so hopefully he will leave before BL wraps. Give him a good supporting crew and maybe let him cross paths with some other Berlantiverse characters.

1 Like

Hawkman! You never said it had to be likely.

1 Like

I completely agree. I want it to be different, not nearly as bleak as Black Lightning. Having it be the same vibe as Arrow would be nice. New characters would have to be here especially since potential characters aside from Brandon have been killed.

1 Like

Lol not that wig again.

I’m kinda expecting a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde type story with action, but I’m hoping they do more with the character than that.

1 Like

Yes the dreaded wig. Just as thirsty as ever :woozy_face:

I think they’ll do more. Salim and Brock Akil know their stuff when it comes to black characters on television.

1 Like

flash and legends of tommorow had hawkman not sure the actor will return but between aliens being villains in legends this year and the thanagarian invasion in Legends season 1 the hawks could be returning and they can use crisis as an excuse

1 Like

I want the show to have a different Big Bad every season, I got bored of Black Lightning only having Tobias Whale as the Big Bad.

1 Like

Yeah, even though Tobias wasn’t the true villain of Season 3 and spent most of that Season behind a cell, him being the overall big bad of the series got tired pretty quickly for me.

Now that Milestone is doing open business with DC again, I could see Khalil heading over to Dakota City.

1 Like

This Black Lightning shows feels like it took a lot from Milestone, so I think that would be a cool idea!

I will say one thing, which doesn’t really reflect quality. If this gets picked up as a series, it will easily be the most obscure character to ever get a DC series. I know he is a regular in the Black Lightning show, but as far as comics they would be making a series adapting a character who has appeared in five comics since the 90’s.

Yara Flor might have had that beaten but well… that turned out to not be in the cards.

3 Likes

Hawkman TAS coming up please.

There is a Hawkman animated series coming up?

Sadly no.

Off topic, but did anyone see Queen Latifah as The Equalizer? I don’t think I do.

After binging Black Lightning before this season started, I’m finally caught up. My main issue with the show before was slow pacing and very little action. They seemed to fix that issue in season 3, which has been my favorite so far. Painkiller was a big part of that. The actor is pretty charismatic in the role. I like the inner conflict he has with his “other” self, and his fight scenes were rock solid. If they pick up his show, I’d like to see more of that.

1 Like

I didn’t at first, but she grew on me

He still surprisingly has the least screen time.

1 Like

WE GOT A PROMO!!!

So it looks like the girls will caryover to the other show!!!

1 Like

It’s about damn time! I’m really looking forward to seeing Khalil’s return, and now I’m a little more hopeful about the show’s chances of getting picked up since they’re at least willing to properly promote it. Though it won’t be enough if we just go back to no teasers right afterwards, but we also won’t know either way for another month

1 Like