Our Oldies but Goldies

This thread is dedicated to our childhood toys and comics.

16 Likes

Good set

4 Likes

I only have 1 that fits that description. The Batman in the back. I gave a girl I was dating a ride to Tennessee & her baby left that in my truck. Circa 99’?

Close as I could get, didn’t want to knock figs over getting closer lol.

8 Likes

when you held the kryptonite ring up to his chest, he’d fall over! (magnets!)

comics were awful when i was a kid, though. this was the most popular artist in the industry for a hot second

i was gonna complain about the gimmicky covers, but then i started looking at them and got all nostalgic

this is a fun article about em 10 Silliest Comic Book Gimmick Covers from the 1990s

6 Likes

Is that yours? That Supes is awesome!!!

3 Likes

i wish! mine’s with all the other fossils, buried in time

3 Likes

Heard that. I had a ridiculous He-Man, GI Joe, MASK, Centurions & WWF Rubber figures with a ring. When I was little I played every sport. My dad said, I’ll buy u a wrestler for every goal u score. B4 a soccer game. I scored 8. They were like $16 a piece. He never said it again.

4 Likes

Those are awesome @CrazyQuilt

1 Like

@capo-mage nice

2 Likes

@biff_pow very cool. Do you have the other 3 Spider-Man anniversary comics?

2 Likes

Some of my favorite comic that I’ve had since I was a kid. Still remember buying these out of the 25 cent comic boxes when nobody wanted them lol :joy:.

6 Likes

I THINK so. I haven’t dug through my long boxes in like 15 years!

2 Likes

1st appearance of Bishop!! I don’t know what it’s worth now, but it was a speculator book back then

4 Likes

It is @biff_pow, I still get most of my comics from the 25 & 50 cent boxes. I’ve found so many treasures in there you wouldn’t believe.

4 Likes

I have that Kilowog and Aquaman toy (or at least HAD them, but I think there still in the house

3 Likes

90’s Superboy comics and figures!! (The Superman Unchanined variant cover in the pic obviously isn’t from my childhood but it has the right vibe to be included lol)

5 Likes

@Kryptonian_Batman1986 those are awesome.

2 Likes

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been so inactive… This whole corona thing kicked into high gear especially since I have about a week until my freshman year of high school is over. Gotta get them grades up.

2 Likes