Organizing Comic Books

My shop bags all the books when they put them on the wall and has packs of all sizes for sale as well.

I just found this on Amazon:

$20 for 100 bags AND boards seems pretty cheap.

3 Likes

Oh, whoa, yeah, that’s a good deal since it comes with the boards as well. Off to Amazon I go.

3 Likes

Be careful storing multiple comics in one bag. After a while the print will rub off on each other

3 Likes

I like the Hill House books quite a lot. I’m digging Basketful Of Heads. It the furthest in the story. Daphne Byrne may end up stealing it though seeing as how issue one just dropped. I’d say my favorite BL book that hasn’t finished yet is Joker: Killer Smile. Lemire is doing something special with that book. I’d go with his Question book as well​:four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Precisely how I do it. Just makes sense. Titles that I don’t normally collect but tie in (e.g. events like Crisis and so on) will be cataloged under the event instead of all the separate titles.

2 Likes

@jgjusmc
I absolutely LOVE the Hill House books! I’m really enjoying what they’re doing with the Sea Dogs chapters at the end of each issue! I’ve been a fan of Horror Comics simce the Frog Brothers introduced us to them in the 80s.

If you dig Joe Hill he’s putting out a book called “Dying Is Easy” through IDW. I haven’t had a chance to start it, but I’m confident it’s gold!

I really want to say that Killer Smile is my favorite as well, but the guys who put oit Wonder Woman: Dead Earth, Daniel Waren Johnson and Mike Spencer, also put out Murder Falcon…

Murder Falcon is one of my favorite stories EVER!

I also appreciated getting a good look at a definitive origin story for Harley Quinn and REALLY dug the art in Damned!

3 Likes

Not including a couple my brother gave me, I currently have 20 longboxes.
3 shortboxes.

3 Likes

I’m caught up on Dying Is Easy. It’s great so far, and Murder Falcon was awesome​:four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Right on!
Good to know.
I knew Dying Is Easy would rock!

2 Likes

I normally like to keep my comics organized based on the characters characteristics. All the magic ones are put together in alphabetical order: all elemental are together: animal man, swamp thing. Then Demi-gods and gods: aquaman, death, sandman, wonder woman. Then magic-users: hellblazer, shazam
Outer space and aliens: Green Lantern, mister miracle, superman
Then all the regulars: the acrobatics and martial arts characters: batman, watchmen
Then all villain characters: deathstroke, suicide squad
All the metas: doom patrol, the flash, justice league and justice league international, midnighter
Then all the crises/alternate earth realities- earth 2, crisis on infinite earths etc.

3 Likes

I buy file boxes and use hanging folders for each comic series. For comic series where I have a lot of issues, I buy expanding folders.

For my lists, I just have a list that’s called “To Read” and I put a variation of series and individual issues in there.

I might start doing what @KeyFamily does and put the ones I’ve read in a read list. That would make organization a lot easier. Especially for organizing both digital and physical copies I’ve read.

3 Likes

Very cool, @Nightroia! It’s really working for us so I’m glad to hear others are giving it a shot.

2 Likes

Holy Moly gorgeous collection

1 Like

I am prepping to organize mine. I decided to focus on what I really enjoy/like & already had a spattering owned.

Character.

That’s how I am gonna start, it’s gonna splinter off at some point. :relieved:

SwampThing

Constantine

Not sure where/what will happen from there but it’ll be fun to discover what all I’ve collected over the years :star_struck:

2 Likes

I do not. Chaos reigns supreme!

2 Likes

As far as Single issues I just put them all in a Long box since I don’t have too many of them but for my graphic novels I put them alphabetically on a bookshelf

1 Like