Opinion on next DC movie female lead

Next DC movie starting a female lead?

I say PowerGirl or Starfire. Anyone else?

5 Likes

I’m a big fan of Barbara Gordon Batgirl. If the next Batman movie does well, I think it’d be cool to introduce Batgirl. Have a movie that focuses on her family relationships—Her loving relationship with Her father, her broken relationship with her mother, and her relationship with her brother, who would be the villain of the movie.

7 Likes

Batgirl. Supergirl. Either one. Starfire would be cool, but maybe the story would be too complicated. I like the idea of Power Girl, but not sure what kind of story can be written for the general audience.

3 Likes

Vixen.
Vixen.
Vixen.
If you didn’t notice, I’d like to see a vixen movie

5 Likes

Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy movie???

6 Likes

Star fire unlikely with Titans on. I say do a Question movie and let Renee Montoya move over from the Birds movie.

3 Likes

Big Barda

4 Likes

Solo Catwoman movie

3 Likes

Power Girl, hands down. An undervalued character in DC Comics, IMO and about time she got her due.

Who to cast who can literally and metaphorically fill her suit. That is a really good question.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a Barbara Gordon/Batgirl standalone movie with Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, and Catwoman. They could call the movie either just Batgirl or Gotham Girls.

3 Likes

I’m personally having Superfam/Batfam fatigue so for me, it’s a solo Black Canary or Jessica Cruz! If it must be a Super/Bat member, then I agree that Powergirl or Batgirl are way past due for their big screen movie projects…

1 Like

Batwoman would be awesome. For now looking forward to the CW show.

1 Like

Starfire is regularly introduced with the Titans so it probably won’t be her.

1 Like

It’s Power Girl’s time to shine. But with the current political and pop culture climates the way they are I dunno if they could properly pull it off. Same goes for Starfire.

1 Like

Man, under the right writer, a solo Starfire movie would be pretty kickass.

1 Like

Black Canary starring Jennifer Lawrence

1 Like

@DCComicsCrisis
I think they could. They just need to lean into like the book did. Use the running joke of “Hey, my eyes are up here.” A bit of satirical comedy is fine. Not every superhero movie needs to be Macbeth.

1 Like

Big Barda would be awesome! Although I loved hearing Diane Guerrero’s voice as Jessica Cruz so if they wanted to go a different Green Lantern route, I wouldn’t mind a live action Diane as a Green Lantern.

1 Like

@Tragedy_22, YES!

2 Likes

Catwoman.

Let’s face it, she is probably the second most known female comic character of all time, with the first being Wondy.

Some good choices on here though
I would love a Power Girl movie, but I dont know if Crystal Graziano can act. I’d donate to her acting classes though.
Lauren Compton wasnt bad in those “Heroes with Issues” episodes.

Vixen would be a great choice too!

But for me, as I mentioned in @kingofspeedsters Casting thread. Catwoman. Played by Lizzy Caplan, please. She’s got so much moxie